It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

Bugjones HB User
Severe Right Groin Pain/Female

Hi all. I am new to this forum and hoping someone could share some insight.

I have had kidney stones in the past, the largest being 2 mm.

Presently I am experiencing severe pain in my lower right groin area, almost where my hip joins my leg, along with intermitent nausea.

The pain is absent when I am standing upright, but flares up when I lie down at night. It feels like a burning, knife-twisting type of pain, that comes in waves. The good news is that I have no flank pain or fever.

I had similar symptoms two years ago and went to the emergency room where they did a CT scan which showed nothing. The doctor said I was likely passing sand.

My concern is that when I research kidney stone symptoms, I never see any like I am experiencing. Initially I thought I was having appendicitis due to the location of the pain. It seems odd because I didn't think the ureters go down that far into the groin.

I really don't like pain medications such as Vicodin or Percocet, so I am making due with Motrin. I am also a little scared of the emergency room, so I am trying to tough this out.

Has anyone ever had this lower groin pain with either stones or sand? I am trying not to get too worried about this, but it is certainly making life unpleasant.

Thank you in advance for any insight!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bugjones For This Useful Post:
norma marchant (02-27-2012)
Old 11-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
Re: Severe Right Groin Pain/Female

bugjones,
i just finished passing several stones, took like almost 6 weeks to do so, inbetween there due to the horrible pain and stress my body was under my IBS kicked in. my ibs is worse in the right side of my lower abdomen as well where is the kidney side that the stones passed thru. because of the stress i think i was holding tight that area unconsciously and my bowel starting spasming severely. so i had spasms in my lower bowel and passing stones at the same time. because of the spasms i ended up getting an infection in the bowel, i thought i was going to DIE. my doctor also found a small hernia on the lower groin area on the same side all this was happening. almost where the groin meets the pubic area. it hurts like heck. maybe you should get checked for a hernia as well. my doc says women DO get them in that area as well. im finding myself climbing my way out of this dark dark hole of pain, lol, but am closer to seeing the light , slowly every day i seem to be improving a bit more. all this has drained my strenght completely, i know the fight isnt over. im still passing lots of blood and protein and some gravel as well. i was put on a very very strong antibiotic, as well as a few other meds to help me out. i hope you can find an answer to your problem hon, but do ask them to check for a hernia as well.
Jen

The following user gives a hug of support to Jenetti:
cathywj (03-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenetti For This Useful Post:
cathywj (03-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

twins mom HB User
Re: Severe Right Groin Pain/Female

I am going through this right now--spent 3 days in the hospital testing everything from appendicitis all the way to twisted overaries. A tingling feeling in the pelvic area & then Intense pain for 2-3 minutes in the lower right groin area......Had a procedure 4 months ago in which a fileter was inserted via my right groin ---any ideas ???

Thanks !!!!

Closed Thread