It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
It's been MONTHS still have not passed kidney stone complications??

I am not good with time frames but it's been months since I've had this one single kidney stone which is 4mm and it has not passed. I drink at least 1 gallon of water a day and I was wondering how long does this take to pass? I still have visible pinkish/orange urine cloudy urine and urine that is foul smelling constant lower ab pain, frequent stinging urination, back/side pain and today I ran to the bathroom thinking I was going to vomit but nothing happened just a lot of salavation. The tests for a UTI still have come back negative so is this one tiny stone causing all these problems??

I've been trying to research this and was wondering does the laser/water therapy to remove stones work for everyone? If not what are the other options that you do NOT have to go under anesthesia or any surgery?

Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: It's been MONTHS still have not passed kidney stone complications??

Lovely One I feel for you. They found a 3mm stone in me in January and it is still hanging out. I have other issues with why it won't leave but too long a story. Anyway sometimes hanging upside down (hips higher then head) will coax the stone out. Gravity is keeping it where it is so it is time to defy gravity!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Your fellow stoner ---

2+1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
(female)

onekidney HB User

Kidney stones grow. 4mm. is not that small. Do not continue to wait, all doctors say that. Because of stones, my screename is...

Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I am not sure why they are waiting so long, and I have no clue where they are in my kidney, the x-ray showed only 1 stone so I hope it passes on it's own someway somehow (I think they lie I drink a TON of water and still nothing). I have to be pre-approved to get the ultrasound done so I am STILL waiting for them to call me and i was going to go back to the dr's because the pain is getting worse.

I am not sure if it's normal or not because I know everyone is different BUT, this has been going on since about Jan I'd say and I thought it was just my back because I have a bad back so they told me to take pain meds and come back fast forward to 2 months ago 3 diff visits to the ER for various problems (rash due to liver, high blood sugar, and this pain i've been having in my lower ab area) and all 3 times I have had blood and have been dropping ketones in my urine (although my blood sugar has been fine still dropping ketones). So basically they found my kidney stone on accident....I asked the dr to check for stones since I had pains that are in my lower back/sides/extending to front so bad that I cannot even sleep well. So she does an xray and says I have a 4mm stone in my left kidney (the side that hurts so bad). So pretty much what's the same as far as symptoms go is the pressure/pain in lower ab area, burning sensation at the end of urinating, feeling of pressure on my urethra area, urgency to urinate (they keep testing and I don't have a UTI although I have symptoms of one), have had "dribbles" a couple of times, and nausea....what's changed is the pains is now worse, the burning feels constant now no matter what I do to try and make it go away, I can visibly see tea/orange colored pee (assuming from the blood), and the nausea is worse (I salivate as if I am right about to vomit then nothing comes out).

Yes this is horrible I'm tired of all the damned CONSTANT pain and I can't take ANY pain meds now because of my liver (wating for ultrasound on this also). So yeah this is horrible But life goes on, I just wish I knew what exactly is wrong with me.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
(female)

candyheart HB User

LovelyOne-- At this very moment I have a 7mm kidney stone in my right kidney, so I know of your pain. Drs. are waiting for my blood pressure to come down(it's really high right now). I've been dealing with this stone for about a month or so. I did pass a stone last January(06). That started with much pain and nausea and blood in urine--just like I have now with this new stone. The drs. say that I cannot pass this 7mm stone so I must have the lithotripsy procedure done. But back to your current siduation--When I passed my stone last year, the two or three days before I passed it I thought I had a UTI (a really bad one). I had the urge to urinate often with not much coming out. The burning got bad too! I was drinking tons of water and was a wreck! I went to the drs. and the wait there was well over an hour. I thought my bladder would explode while I waited. Well, finally they called me in for a urine sample (what a relief. I thought) but instead, there on the bottom of the sample jar were several kidney stones. I immediately felt fine, yes, totally wonderful!! The dr. didn't have to do anything-- so maybe you are getting close to pass your stone, you are experiencing some of the same stuff I did before I passed mine. Let's hope!!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

Weird the pain gets really bad and burns and i feel heavy pressure on lower abdomen and pressure on urethra but then nothing happens it burns i pee maybe a couple drops and then it will burn for a couple days then no burning and back to just back/side pain. Does this mean it's too large to pass or what?

Closed Thread