It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
PCOS and Stones

TLValiant -

There is a LINK between stones and PCOS. They are contraindicatory diseases but when found in conjunction with one another means that there propably is an underlying metabolic disorder that needs to be tested for. There are several disorders it can be but there is a Center out in Chicago called Litholink that can do a specialized 24 hour urine to test for this. You need a prescription from your uro.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

TLValiant HB User
Re: PCOS and Stones

2plus,

Very interesting...What type of metabolic disorder is it? Do you have the link I could look at? I am about to call back the doctor's office and see what is going on since they have yet to call me back yet. I am definitely going to look into this. My legs were hurting so bad last night I was hardly able to sleep. It was odd it started on the left side of my back and went down the side of my leg. I do not know if it is related to all the other crap going on right now but if this keeps up I am going to go insane....

Terry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: PCOS and Stones

There are several disorders it can be but the company that does the screening is called Litholink. The Doctor out there is Dr. Cho. It is possible a form of cistinuria that causes the link between the two diseases. The best defense is Citrus. (Did I spell that right?? - it looks wrong but not sure.) Citrus seems to be something common to the "stone" diets and the pcos diets and the citrus so helps slow down both. Also the Lithlink disease can detect the metabolic disorders even while you are taking citrus, metformin, or other stone inhibitors.

Closed Thread