It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Left kidney larger than right, and what's a "normal" kidney size?

Right is 12.9 while the left kidney measures 13.6 cm in length.

When I had an x-ray of my kidneys it showed a 5cm kidney stone in my left kidney. I had classic symptoms of a kidney stone. Went into ER got a chest CT scan done and when they saw my kidneys they said they did not see any stone. When I recently got my ultra sound of the ab are done, there was also no sign of a kidney stone, just the uneven kidneys along with other things.

Protein in urine, RDW high, no more dropping ketones or blood, burning urination, extreme left flank pain (it's getting worse but it could be from left sided ovarian cyst).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
(female)

onekidney HB User
Re: Left kidney larger than right, and what's a "normal" kidney size?

Hello

Everyone has a larger left kidney than right kidney. Yours sound normal. If the tests you had showed no stone, you probably don't have one. A 5mm. would definiely show.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Re: Left kidney larger than right, and what's a "normal" kidney size?

Thanks for putting my mind at ease because I kept coming up with "kidney failure" when I searched online, and the fact that i had blood previously and now am dropping protein freaked me out. Would you know why someone would drop proteins and blood? It burns when I urinate and there is no UTI, I'm thinking maybe the x-ray did show a stone and maybe the stone is stuck in my bladder? Because my dr told me something was def in my kidney and I asked if it was possible that somehow my cyst showed up in my kidney instead and she said "no, a cyst wouldn't show up on an x-ray, so it might be possible that your cyst is leaking fluid into your kidneys." Thanks for the input onekidney.

Closed Thread