It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
(male)

lexcorp HB User
kidney stone in penis?

I am a 24 year old male.

About 6 months ago there was blood in my urine. This dissapeared in a few days and never came back and so I assumed I had nothing to worry about.

In the last few days I have noticed a pain in the tip of my penis just before any urine is expelled. Once I have started urinating there is no pain. It is as if there is something inside my urethra/just before the head of my penis.

A little online research leads me to believe that it is a kidney stone stuck in my penis. I have read of a few other people who had this problem. They solved it by drinking lots of water and holding off going to the toile until they couldn't hold it any more and then held the tip of their penis, released their bladder and then let go of their penis allowing a strong stream of urine to push the stone out. This makes me nervous.

The other thing is that from my understaing by the time the stone reaches my urethra I would have been in considerable pain as it goes from the kidney to the bladder but i have experienced no such pain.

Could this mean that it is a very small stone, or something entirely different?

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Re: kidney stone in penis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcorp View Post
I am a 24 year old male.

About 6 months ago there was blood in my urine. This dissapeared in a few days and never came back and so I assumed I had nothing to worry about.

In the last few days I have noticed a pain in the tip of my penis just before any urine is expelled. Once I have started urinating there is no pain. It is as if there is something inside my urethra/just before the head of my penis.

A little online research leads me to believe that it is a kidney stone stuck in my penis. I have read of a few other people who had this problem. They solved it by drinking lots of water and holding off going to the toile until they couldn't hold it any more and then held the tip of their penis, released their bladder and then let go of their penis allowing a strong stream of urine to push the stone out. This makes me nervous.

yes, a very good possibility! Stones run in my family. Your lucky if you only have a little pain. Most people describe it as trying to give birth to a set of broken dishes and I agree! It's not fun but by what you describe, it sound very possible that you could have a stone. Drink...drink....drink...lots of water to push it through if that is it! If it keeps hurting after a few days, I would ask your Dr. or at least call the nurse and ask her about kidney stone pain for men and see if what she says matches up to what you feel, otherwise if you say you have this unidentified pain, she won't guess and have you come in. Yes, if a stone is in the urethra, it will understand what a woman goes through in child birth. When the stone goes into the bladder, that's when alot of the pain goes away but you'll still have some. Could very well be such a small stone that you may not experience the excruciating pain. Do a research on kidney stone and bladder stones and see what you find. Good luck and hope you feel better!

The other thing is that from my understaing by the time the stone reaches my urethra I would have been in considerable pain as it goes from the kidney to the bladder but i have experienced no such pain.

Could this mean that it is a very small stone, or something entirely different?

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: kidney stone in penis?

OD on lemon or lime juice for a while to help dissolve the stone a litte. If you notice fever, chills, blood, sweating, etc get to a dr immediately - don't wait and try the on-line methods.

Closed Thread