It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

asdfghjkimber HB User
Pain in kidney area increasing.

Around November I noticed pain happening in my kidney area, so I went to the hospital and discovered I had a kidney stone along with mononucleosis. I have had the pain in my kidney up to this day, and lately it has been getting much worse. Even when I attempt to twist my body at all I experience pain and when I wake up from sleeping in the morning it is also worse. I am also just getting over a throat infection and am still coughing sometimes. Earlier I was coughing and got a sharp pain in my kidney area and could barely stand up from it. It almost seems like my kidney may be enlarged and is very close to my lung so when I cough it hits and hurts. The pain feels like my kidney is being squeezed. I do occasionally drink alcohol, but not more than a couple times a week and I don't drink much at a time anyway.
Also when I had mono my spleen was enlarged for quite some time after I got diagnosed with it. I still also experience some pain in my spleen but the pain I'm having behind it is much worse.
Please help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

asdfghjkimber HB User
Re: Pain in kidney area increasing.

My urine is fine, not bloody or anything. Does anybody know how I can help heal myself? Ways of helping the pain? I've been trying to drink cranberry juice more frequently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
(female)

bonzer HB User

my husband has kidney stones and is having pains most of the time. he was misdiagnosed as having an ulcer for years. he will be getting the stones blasted in august so if there is a blasting machine in your city that's the way to go. sorry, i don't know the correct term for the process. then you just urinate the pulverized stones out. hope this helps.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
(female)

asdfghjkimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzer View Post
my husband has kidney stones and is having pains most of the time. he was misdiagnosed as having an ulcer for years. he will be getting the stones blasted in august so if there is a blasting machine in your city that's the way to go. sorry, i don't know the correct term for the process. then you just urinate the pulverized stones out. hope this helps.
Well I was wanting to avoid getting anything like that done if I could... I want to be able to just rid of this by home remedies. I may have to look into doing something like that though. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
(female)

asdfghjkimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie_2448 View Post
Did you pass the stone(s)?

If not the stone might be obstructing your kidney causing it to be enlarged (hydronephrosis)
I don't know if I ever passed it or not, the doctor gave me a net to catch the stones in... I never used it because I was careless... It seemed like the pain went away for a while though so I'm unsure.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
(female)

asdfghjkimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie_2448 View Post
It is easy to forget to use the strainer thingy..

So the stone may still be there???
Are you going for a scan anytime soon?

Don't let this go untreated..if the stone is obstructing it will make matters worse...
She didn't forget, she's just careless.

I've been trying to push her in to getting it checked out further, maybe she'll listen if more people tell her. :P

P.S. This is her boyfriend.

She hates going to the doctor and she's afraid her parents will find out she occasionally drinks somehow from the results.

Should probably help get it in her head to stop salting her fries even more when i take her to McDonalds too. She won't listen to me :|

Last edited by asdfghjkimber; 06-21-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

First off get it checked and yes the coughing can cause pain in your kidneys. If you insist on natural curing, use citruc juices (lemons and limes) more so then cranberry juice. Cranberry juice is a diuretic so it helps you get fluids out but the citrus helps dissolve the stones. Someone had posted on here once about drinking a cocktail of olive oil and lemons. And the McDonalds thing won't help either.

You say you don't drink much - only a couple a times a WEEK. Honey, that is a lot for the kidneys to handle and alcohol CREATES stones. There is a person on this board who lost her kidney due to stones so I really think you should start taking this more seriously. The sooner you treat it the better you will be in the long run. Stones can recur if you are not careful or do not seek treatment. I thought I was indestructable and now 3 years and over 20stones later I my renal capacity has diminished and will never return. Partially because I just thought the stones were stones - it happens to everyone.

I am sorry if this post sounds harsh but I do worry about everyone on these posts and just want to see you get help.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Closed Thread