It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

CTmom HB User
Pain after passing kidney stone

Last Saturday I developed extremely bad pain in my left side radiating to the front. Went to ER and they found a kidney stone sitting just above my bladder. I fortunately passed it yesterday - Yah!!!

However, today I still have pain in my left side, just as before. It's not excruiating or sending me to the ER but is uncomfortable and annoying. Hurts to take a deep breath. Feels like when you run too much and get a stitch in your side, which is how I felt before I had the acute pain last week. Otherwise I have no other symptoms - no bladder pain, etc...

Is this just residual pain from what my kidneys have gone through? Has anyone else experienced it? I am really afraid it is another stone, although the doctors didn't see any on the CT. I am scheduled to see urologist at the end of the week, but really would like to put my mind at ease before then. Anyone else experience this pain after passing a stone?

Sandy

Old 08-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
Re: Pain after passing kidney stone

i had mine lipotripsy done on.the urerteral.however i still have some pain or sorness in my side.it could be small ones going out or like you said residue.if it keeps up see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

40hurdee HB User

Yes I too have pain after passing a stone. I have had kidney stones for 2 years now, I went to the ER last week after feeling really good for 2 months. I was told that there was blood in my urine which indicated that I had passed some stones, I still have stones in both kidneys, but I was in severe pain for 3days after coming out of the ER.The doctor said I had a UTI but come on I get thise all the time and never had the pain like I am having. Last Saturday I developed extremely bad pain in my left side radiating to the front. Went to ER and they found a kidney stone sitting just above my bladder. I fortunately passed it yesterday - Yah!!!

However, today I still have pain in my left side, just as before. It's not excruiating or sending me to the ER but is uncomfortable and annoying. Hurts to take a deep breath. Feels like when you run too much and get a stitch in your side, which is how I felt before I had the acute pain last week. Otherwise I have no other symptoms - no bladder pain, etc...

Is this just residual pain from what my kidneys have gone through? Has anyone else experienced it? I am really afraid it is another stone, although the doctors didn't see any on the CT. I am scheduled to see urologist at the end of the week, but really would like to put my mind at ease before then. Anyone else experience this pain after passing a stone?

Sandy[/QUOTE]

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40hurdee View Post
Yes I too have pain after passing a stone. I have had kidney stones for 2 years now, I went to the ER last week after feeling really good for 2 months. I was told that there was blood in my urine which indicated that I had passed some stones, I still have stones in both kidneys, but I was in severe pain for 3days after coming out of the ER.The doctor said I had a UTI but come on I get thise all the time and never had the pain like I am having. Last Saturday I developed extremely bad pain in my left side radiating to the front. Went to ER and they found a kidney stone sitting just above my bladder. I fortunately passed it yesterday - Yah!!!

Sandy
[/QUOTE]if they didnt see it on the ct it is prb very small or not one.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40hurdee View Post

Sandy
[/QUOTE]

Explain EXACTLY where the pain is.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

i dont know,maybe it is from fragments.small ones left over,just hope and pray they all come out as i do.

Closed Thread