It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User
Kidney Leak and kidney stones?

Hello,My uro doctor told me I have Renal calcium leak. I hadn't been here in a while but I have had another bout with kidney stones again. Seems I am getting them more and more lately. I had a KUB xray in June I think it was and nothing showed up but small stones in my kidneys.But I passed one about 3 to 4mm right after this xray. I would have laughed if it hadn't hurt so much. I have passed bigger ones but this one was rough. I am not sure why it didn't show up on xray. Usually, when my uro doctor does a KUB it shows up. But I kept hurting and he was going to do a Cat Scan but I wasn't able to get it that done due to cost.

I have had stones since1990. But they seem to be increasing and I don't know why. I am in my late 40's. Female.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem as they got older.
I am so tired of these stones. I watch what I eat most of the time and try not to have any oxlate foods.Watch my salt the best I can. I take a diuretic and 5 potassium pills a day because If I don't my potassium drops below 3.5. Let me tell you I know it when it does too. Does anyone else have this problem with stones that they have increased no matter what you do.
Thanks. Snodove

Last edited by snodove; 09-15-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User
Re: Kidney Leak and kidney stones?

AS you approach your late 40s your hormones change and thus your metabolism changes too. You may find that your new stones are uric acid (not always visible on x-ray) that may be due to lighter periods during periomenopause - lighter periods means more iron in your system that is "rusting" and turning into stones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi, thank you for your help. Last night I was reading online that women in premenopause years or later do have they systems change and what you said added to that. Thank you. I just never thought about that but it makes sense.
It said that Estrogen levels going lower doesn't help either. Makes alot of sense.
I am at that point in my life ,now. I didn't know about the Uric Acid stones not showing up on xrays. I know I have small ones in both kidneys. I used to just have them in the left one all the time. That is the kidney that bothers me the worse. Always does. My right now I never feel it. Which I am very thankful for. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Snodove

Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

My pleasure. Good luck and keep posting!

Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

HI I sure will do. It is good to have support here because not sure about you but my family gets tired of it lol Hearing about it sometimes and it is good to know others know what you are talking about and feeling when you have stones ect.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

I know my family get tired of hearing about it and I know that hard as the might try they can't quite understand it.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

That is so true. I think it is because they can't see how something so small can hurt so much and my husband can't understand why they need to do all the xrays. Ect. at times. Not a quick fix I think.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Don't know if this will help, but I know some people who swear they dissolved their kidney stones with fresh pinnapple and parsley mixed in a blender with some water twice a day for three days. The xrays showed them gone...like I said, I don't know for sure if this works other than what I was told..I guess it can't hurt anyway.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

There may be some validity there - parsley is an antispasmotic and pieneapple is citrus which is a stone inhibitor. Worth a shot and doesn't sounds as vial as some of the others I saw on the board ----- an olive oil/lemon juice cocktail for one.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

i think most of these are for uric acid stones.not sure tho.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

Oops! Good point and you are right. PUT THE PINEAPPLE DOWN and step away from the blended parsley....................

Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

Hi Jenna, sure can't hurt. Why not. Thank you. I hadn't heard of this before.
I appreciate your help.
Snodove

Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

oh that sounds nasty. lol

Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

snodove HB User

That could be true too. Since my stones are oxalate and calcium mostly.
I passed more sand today. Gr... does it ever end. lol I am wondering.
I do think that getting older has increased my stone production.
Thank you for helping.

Closed Thread