It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

jen77 HB User
GFR decreased, creatinine increased-what do you think?

Hi I have just had some results back but i dont know what to think to them:
-although some of them are still in range they are showing a trend-
-GFR was high at 89 (range 0-60) - now 75
-urea was going up 3 - 3.1 - 4.5 - 4.7 (range2.5-7.8) - now 2.8
-creatinine was going down - 87 - 85 - 79 (range 62-106) - now 91
-I know that they are in range but it is the trend that i am not sure of, is it ok fo creatinine to increase?
-do you think the reduction in GFR is normal?
-Is a low urea level indicative of anything?
please post back im despirate, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
(female)

Saorce HB User
Re: GFR decreased, creatinine increased-what do you think?

Hi Jen,

Found your post today and thought I would reply. I am waiting to see a nephrologist via Bupa ( 2 weeks time ). I had a cholesterol check which revealed that I have a declining GFR. Started this year at 61 and am now 57 and the GP is starting to talk about mild kidney abnormality. I am terrified. I have no pretein in my urine, am aged 53, creatinine is 90 ( I think, he was not keen for me to have the numbers ). He (GP) did not want to refer me, so I took bull by horns and asked for referral to BUPA. No-one seems remotely concerned, but the stuff I have read has frightened to wits out of me. I am not diabetic, am being treated for mild arrythmia ( sotalol ) and a few years ago had NSAIDS for frozen shoulder, but no history of cystitis out of the norm. But I read I may have damaged kidneys due to pain relief medication from years ago. I cant sleep, frightened to eat protein and am consuming gallons of water. Help. !!!

Julie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread