It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
When passing a stone............

Hi...........when passing a stone, what does it look like? We have a strainer, & little tiny, tiny bits are coming out. Not sure what they should look like.

Also, when you passed one, how long did it take? This is a 3x5 in mid ureta.

Thanks for any info.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
Re: When passing a stone............

P.S. It's almost a transparent color...........if it's the mucous talked about, how does that relate to the stone itself?

Thx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

Stones are not transparent - they look like pepper flakes or kitty litter though colors may vary.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

Bummer! Thanks, guess we're still not making any progress.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
(female)

brenda57 HB User

Hi..Brenda here...I have a history of kidney stones..most of our family does.. I passed my first stone when I was 7months pregant...ouch!!!!! I was quite ill..very bloated..and very very tired this one particular day. Anyway...passed it..then had a few more the last number of yrs..one did not pass after a few months..so they did surgery...like a bikini cut..low down..It was not very big ...but extremly jagged...so it got "caught"..
I have had very fine gravel..look like salt died red or orangy red.The Dr and nurse said that it did not look like kidney stones...they did not know what it was. I shared with them to trust me as I passed this before..and sometimes was a precurser to a larger stone...so they took my sample..very sure it was NOT kidney stones..I said that it was usually oxalate and calcium ...sure enough...that is what came back from lab..kidney stones..how be it small..and they were oxalate and calcium...hmm..well I don't blame them..maybe I was the first person that showed up with fine gravel stones..lol..but they learned something from me...so it is all good.
My sister passes very large stones..allmost the size of a peanut..yeah...
Iremember feeling tired with many of my stones..before the pain started..and remember feeling colicky down my side of my lower stomach..like an empty ache...and burning..and sometimes feeling very nauseated in extreme pain. I could follow the path of the stone from my kidney..to my waist..to mylower stomach..to my pelvic area..sometimes I felt achy in my groin..and mostly I passed the stone..once I did not..so surgery was needed.
It depends the size..what kind of stone..but they can do litho tripsy..where they use sound waves to break the stone up..but that is only in certain circumstances...the Dr will know when to use it..I hope I have been of some help..any questions..ask me..but it sure brings back memories. I have one small kidney stone they found last yr in my left kidney...not causing any problems..as far as I know..lol..and my left kidney usually produces them..as I have a sponge kidney on that side...hugs to all..brenda

Closed Thread