It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
(female)

francisca2008 HB User
what does trace of protein in the urine mean

what does trace of protein in the urine mean

Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what does trace of protein in the urine mean

as a general rule of thumb,whenever protien is found in the urine,other more in depth kidney testing should be done.the protien is kind of one of the very early first signs of a possible kidney issue.it can also be casued by other things too,but the kidney issue is one that needs further evaluation first.was there any other type of testing done when you had the urine dip performed that showed the protein?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
(male)

watchfulwolf HB User

My wife is only 19 years old. Tests have found large amounts of protien in her urine. She has to wait a while before she can get in to see a urologist. This is something you hear about old people normally right? But why a 19 year old. What could possibley be wrong with her kidneys?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

she could have one of many different inherited types of kidney diseases or some other factors all playing a part in the protien. but having alot of protien is usually an indicator of some level of kidney disease in most cases. did they run any blood labs on her to check her overall kidney function or just did the dip?

i am kind of suprised they have not referred her to a nephrologist instead of a urologist. they do some of the same things but i personally would go with the neph. i have been seeing a neph since my kidney disease Dx. she definitely needs to find out the reason for the protein.i wish her luck with this and hope it isn't something major. please keep me posted,Marcia

Old 04-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
(male)

watchfulwolf HB User

Yah..I called a different clinic and they said something about a nepherologist or somethig. Anyways as soon as i called them they got her in today. So hopefully they find out whats wrong. The clinic we went to first was full of idiots i guess. They told her they would call back the very next day and they did not even call a week later and every time we call them they say they will call us back in a while and never do. Dumb. Thats Duluth Clinic in Virginia for yah. Dont know what they are talking about half the time...

Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

please let me know what you find out.Marcia

Closed Thread