It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
(male)

grinch13 HB User
Dark color and cloudy urine

What might his be? I have been noticing that as of late, my urine is a darker color and is often cloudy. Is this anything to be concerned about? I used to be a very heavy drinker but have cut WAY back for about 2 years now. I have noticed the urine change about 3 months ago and it has me a bit worried. I hate going to the doctor but feel this might be my next course of action. I otherwise feel fine. Should I be worried? TIA

Old 03-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

Dansgrl HB User
Re: Dark color and cloudy urine

Is it dark as in watered down cola, or is it just dark yellow? If it is cola-colored, then you need to go to the doc, because that is blood. Could be an infection or a kidney stone. If it is dark yellow, then try drinking more water. 3-4 liters/quarts a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
(male)

grinch13 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansgrl View Post
Is it dark as in watered down cola, or is it just dark yellow? If it is cola-colored, then you need to go to the doc, because that is blood. Could be an infection or a kidney stone. If it is dark yellow, then try drinking more water. 3-4 liters/quarts a day.
Its dark yellow. Surely not anything cola colored. When I drink more water, of course it is lighter colored. But the thing is all things being equal, it is certainly darker than normal. Maybe I worry too much or am paranoid, but I used to be a massive drinker and dabbled in drugs as well. I just hope I haven't messed up my insides to the point where the damage is permanent. I hope my liver/kidneys are OK.

Thank you very much for the reply..

Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
(male)

grinch13 HB User

I think its getting worse. Could it be anything bad?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

Dansgrl HB User

You can always have a urinalysis (dipstick) done to see... but my guess is that you're just needing more water. The less hydration, the stronger your urine. As to cloudiness, it could be infection. It doesn't sound like anything really bad to me, but even a kidney stone may cause cloudiness. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
(male)

grinch13 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansgrl View Post
You can always have a urinalysis (dipstick) done to see... but my guess is that you're just needing more water. The less hydration, the stronger your urine. As to cloudiness, it could be infection. It doesn't sound like anything really bad to me, but even a kidney stone may cause cloudiness. Good luck!
Thank you for your response. If its an infection, what might it be? Please don't say STD

Closed Thread