It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

mhines1971 HB User
what is mass in kidney

Doctors found a mass in my right kidney. It is approx 5.5 cm. so far have had ultra sound, CT and pelvic ultrasound. I am 36, non smoker, no history of cancer in family, no pain, no urinary issues. Whats going on -SCARED

Old 06-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
(male)

cs11111 HB User
Re: what is mass in kidney

I'm surprised your doctor(s) have not requested a biopsy. Without a microscopic examination of tissue from the mass, I don't think they can make a definitive diagnosis. Since you're not in pain nor having urinary trouble, I would imagine the mass is not in the collection system of your kidney.

Don't worry needlessly, but don't let this go either. What did your doctor(s) tell you is the next step?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

wiseone0360 HB User

I had a 4.3 cm in my right kidney. It cause me some pain every so often. I thought it was just a backache. Had CT scan with die and saw it was a tumor. I learned that DR.'s won't do surgery if it's 3 cm or smaller. but, they will take it out if it's larger than that. I had mine taken out 3 months ago. I still have 85% of my kidney left. And I'm doing great except for the large incision I have in my flank area. If you find that you need it removed. Try going the laproscopy route. It is way less evasive and recovery is much faster. I couldn't have it done like that which leads me back to my very large incicsion troubles. Good-luck!! oh yes, mine was not cancer. Think positive about your problem also. A mass (or tumor)does not always mean cancer. iam 47, non-smoker and healthy also.

Last edited by wiseone0360; 06-24-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
(male)

acesnthhole HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhines1971 View Post
Doctors found a mass in my right kidney. It is approx 5.5 cm. so far have had ultra sound, CT and pelvic ultrasound. I am 36, non smoker, no history of cancer in family, no pain, no urinary issues. Whats going on -SCARED
hay u mb should be scared if u had this and docs didnt know but as long as they know what are they sayin iknow i have a tumor that is 8.8 in my left kydney and my kydney was deformed when i was born,but didnt know till 05 and it was suppose to have died and shouldnt of had anymore problems they were only like a 3 percent chance i would have to have it removed.just my luck i won otta that 3 percnt and 29th they are gonna remove it.but what scares me worse is they found a spot on my colon and it is very swollen.they took blood tody to test for cancer so i know what u mean abought bein scared.good uck i think mb if it was bad they would have told u.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
(male)

kennyc HB User

hi, get it checked again in 3 months or so. I had a 12 cm in my kidney and retested in 3 months and it did not grow,so the DR. was not concerend.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #6
(male)

rscott12345 HB User

Hi, I had a similar mass on my left kidney discovered without any symptoms. What did the CT or MRI radiology report say? Based on the image, they usually can say if it is benign or cancer. Mine was 'indeterminate', so I got a biopsy which confirmed it was kidney cancer. If the radiologist says it is benign, you should still have it monitored with imaging to be sure it does not grow. If it is indeterminate, you need a biopsy to be sure. If it is cancerous, you need to have it removed while it is still small. There is a good chance that it will not return if you get it out early.

Get copies of your radiology reports and read them carefully. Get a good urologist who handles lots of kidney cancer.

Randy

Closed Thread