It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

camille2002 HB User
how long does it take a kidney stone to pass

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
(female)

nora01 HB Usernora01 HB Usernora01 HB User
Re: how long does it take a kidney stone to pass

Hi

All depends on size and where in kidney. Could take a few days or a month or more. The stone isn't always moving

If the stone is in the low part of the kidney, a suggestion would to be to drink 1-2 cups of water, wait 1/2 to 45 minutes then lay on your side with the kidney w/ the stone in the air.

The best way is to drink a lot of water 8-10 cups a day.

unfortunately the little buggers can be painful.

Sometimes they pass and you will not even know it!

I had stones in both kidneys in Aug 07. (more in left ) A year later, the one in the right was gone & I have no idea when it passed.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

valzaeth HB User

i'm assuming you've seen someone or been to the er to know you have a kidney stone thats not to big for you to pass - drink plenty of water - thats it

Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
(female)

gimpy72 HB User

If you are open to suggestions and options:

I've had 2 stones both 4mm in size. I had to have them use the basket to fetch one of them and the 2nd one I grudgingly passed on my own. I did a lot of research online and I was desperate after 4 days of suffering with the pain - I found a "home remedy" that though it tastes nasty I believe finally helped me pass the second stone. I gave the remedy to a couple friend who also suffered with stones and they believe it helped them as well. Here is the remedy:

16-20 ounces of hot water in glass
1 tsp crushed Celery Seed
1 Loose Tea filter

put the crushed Celery Seed into the loose tea filter, put it into the hot water and cover the top of the glass and let it steep for 10 minutes. remove the loose tea filter and drink the "celery tea". This is NOT a nice tasting thing - I have drank it both hot, warm, and cold and found that warm is the easiest to get it down in a hurry!! The theory is that the Celery Seed is supposed to have a numbing effect on the kidney and bladder area and will allow the stone to pass easier.

I have tried it and believe it worked for me. I wish you success with getting the stone out quick.

~Gimpy

Old 11-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
(female)

kim1958 HB User

Look up Apple cyder vinegar or lemon and olive oil.

They could help good luck

Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
(female)

mysticalzoe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille2002 View Post

For me it took a weekend of being in severe pain, but I managed to pass 7 small stones, and i caught all of them in the strainer they gave me. i was also in pain for the remainder of that week. Mine were calcium stones, which they said were normal. I was also told i could get them every year, but so far it's been two years and i haven't gotten kidney stones since. I hope I don't get them again. My symptoms was a severe back pain that wouldn't go away, and I had a lot of blood in my urine.

Closed Thread