It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
symptoms of kidney stones????

hi please could someone tell me how the pain of kidney stones would start/progress. ive had low back pain and left side and tummy pain for 5 weeks,my legs feel shaky, i have sharp pains on my left side and whole tummy is so sore and tender,my chest is tight and at times been short of breath,i also cannot lay on my right side while in bed as it gives me pain on my left side of tummy like a pulling sensation.ive had a couple of episodes for about 3/4 hours when i couldnt move as the pain was so bad but then it eases right down for a day or 2 and then starts to get bad again. my stomache feels so full and bloated ,ive been constipated to and started to have heartburn which ive never suffered with only when pregnant.
have blood /protein in urine but no infection and ultrasound checking kidneys and ovaries was clear. pain seem to be worse when crouching or bending,and eases if im stood or layed out straight. im feeling very unwell please help !!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
(female)

22buddy HB User
Re: symptoms of kidney stones????

I have had kidney stones ten times and although it wasn't exactly the same every time there are a few keys factors that were similar.
The pain usually starts in the back area or flank and then travels around the front as the stone travels from the kidney to the bladder.
Once the stone leaves the kidney the pain in your back will go away. It might remain a LITTLE sore but it will seems like a miracle.
Also it isnt an ache but a SHARP knife like pain. ( atleast for me all ten times)

I have never heard of anyone being constipated or having heartburn with kidneys stones. However vomitting due to the pain is normal.
On the other hand your kidney is not just an open container like a balloon. It is a fleshy organ. meaning that inside the organ there are fleshy parts where a kidney stone can hide. Meaning you could have a stone that hides and bounces around once in awhile. This is what explains them growing in size. If not they would flush out before they grew to be so large they can't get out.
Have you had any ultrasounds of your kidneys. This would show if there is not only stones but a loss of bloodflow to them or enlargement of some kind.

Hope this helps and hope you are felling better soon.
Personally it sounds more like an intestinal problem to me which can also cause a lot of back problems or even a female problem,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread