It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

Hacamila HB User
Question urine has foul odor

My urine has a terrible odor. Even after I wipe I can still smell the odor for a long while. I have no symptoms of a UTI, just odor. What are the symptoms of a bacterial infection? Can it cause severe fatique?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
(female)

momof2wildcats HB User
Re: urine has foul odor

Hello, I know how you feel, I do the same way. Has your Dr. checked you for kidney stones? Yes could be a UTI, that was what me & my Dr. thought in the beginning, I also had blood in my urine (microscopic) 2 times & still. had to visit ER twice lately, and yes the odor of urine is bad even after I use it. Dont mean to sound gross but I do know what you`re talking about indeed. Turns out I had a ct scan & kidney ultrasound and I have a stone 3-4 mm big, dont know what the Dr. will want to do next, but them stones do cause trouble. And the foul urine is just one of the symptoms so have your Dr. to check you out really good, hopefulle it is just a UTI and a round of antibiotics will take care of, keep us informed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

Hacamila HB User

I totally understand what you mean about the problems caused by stones. My husband just went through a bout with them. Thankfully that's behind him now. What symptoms do you have other than odor? I never thought about I might have them. I have no pain, etc so I just assumed it was a bacterial infection. Next week I plan to talk to my dr about doing a urine culture and see what that shows. This is a very embarassing problem to have!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

momof2wildcats HB User

Yes, I know it is, What happened with me started on christmas morning early when I became severly nauseated, diarhea, the works, hubby had to take me to the ER just to get relieve. They thought I had a stomach virus gave me phnergan for nausea, demeroll for pain, went home slept all day & night. But just 2 weeks prior a reg. visit to my gynocologist revealed microscopic blood in my urine, the Dr. & me thought I had a UTI so I went on Antibiotics, then this episode on christmas. after that I was ok until it hit again on Jan.5th OMG worse! but same symptoms and vomiting this time bad, stomach pain that I doubled over, ok another ER trip, it took they gave me IV fluids and pain meds and 3 rounds of anti nausea meds just to take effect. But this time they did a CT scan to check for troubled appendix. Nope not appendix but a kidney stone in the right lower pole of the kidney, a few days later an ultrasound said same thing, but the size is 3-4mm big, and I researched this stuff and learned that the ureter is about 3mm round ok now go figure lolol if I did try & pass this thing I am worried that it might get stuck? Oh man! but where it is it is hard to flush up to flush out. So I am concerned, have not seen the Dr, yet dont know if got the report yet or not. But please if you dont mind tell me about your hubby`s troulble with his, what were his symptoms ect? And you please tell your Dr. to yes indeed have your urine cultured, because after mine was, there were no UTI there but 2nd time blood still there. ok let me know about your hubby and you to, very interested here. ok God bless ya, and thanks for sharing : )

Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
(female)

budget HB User

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. Here is what I know, I'm going through kidney cancer right now. I could not understand why my urine was so strong and smelly. I had other symptoms of pain in my right flank area. So I saw my doctor and had a complete physical done. I found out I have Hep C, so my doctor wanted a Ultra Sound done on my liver, liver was fine but they found a huge mass on my kidney! You can also not have flank pain and no blood in urine but still have a kidney problem. The main thing for me was the smelly urine. If antibiotics don't help then insist to your doctor that you want an Ultra Sound. My cancer is contained which means it has not spread. So they are going to take out my right kidney. Thanks to God we have two kidneys. Little things can be little, but they can also mean big things too. Good luck

Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Smile Re: urine has foul odor

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2wildcats View Post
Yes, I know it is, What happened with me started on christmas morning early when I became severly nauseated, diarhea, the works, hubby had to take me to the ER just to get relieve. They thought I had a stomach virus gave me phnergan for nausea, demeroll for pain, went home slept all day & night. But just 2 weeks prior a reg. visit to my gynocologist revealed microscopic blood in my urine, the Dr. & me thought I had a UTI so I went on Antibiotics, then this episode on christmas. after that I was ok until it hit again on Jan.5th OMG worse! but same symptoms and vomiting this time bad, stomach pain that I doubled over, ok another ER trip, it took they gave me IV fluids and pain meds and 3 rounds of anti nausea meds just to take effect. But this time they did a CT scan to check for troubled appendix. Nope not appendix but a kidney stone in the right lower pole of the kidney, a few days later an ultrasound said same thing, but the size is 3-4mm big, and I researched this stuff and learned that the ureter is about 3mm round ok now go figure lolol if I did try & pass this thing I am worried that it might get stuck? Oh man! but where it is it is hard to flush up to flush out. So I am concerned, have not seen the Dr, yet dont know if got the report yet or not. But please if you dont mind tell me about your hubby`s troulble with his, what were his symptoms ect? And you please tell your Dr. to yes indeed have your urine cultured, because after mine was, there were no UTI there but 2nd time blood still there. ok let me know about your hubby and you to, very interested here. ok God bless ya, and thanks for sharing : )
Isn't there a procedure to crush kidney stones for easier passing? I forget what it's called, it's been so long since I heard about it, more than a decade. You could ask about it.

Question, can diabetes cause a slightly foul odor in urine?

And good luck to the cancer patient.

Last edited by Eagle; 02-06-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: add something

Closed Thread