It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

yhutch63 HB User
what does it mean when you have protien in your urin

what does it mean when you have protien in your urin

Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what does it mean when you have protien in your urin

it is usually(in most cases,but not always) one of the very first indicators of a possible underlying kidney disease. what did your doc tell you about this? did he do your kidney labs whe they did the urine testing that found that protien? Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

jackiew1 HB User

hi If i were you i would go back asp and ask your doctor a few questions ie the test results as to the reading also to explain the readings thoroughly to you and if it is not to bad which i am sure it cant be as he would have done something about it such as a diet and or medication.I have had a kidney transplant so i know one of the blood readings they look at is the protien level but please dont worry yourself as like i said before he would have done something about it but there is no harm in checking out take care

Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
(male)

hickorydickory HB User

Protein in the urine, as mentioned, can be the first sign of kidney disease. However, everyone spills a small amount of protein in the urine (usually about 150mg). If you have diabetes, however, it is even stricter - even 30mg/day can be an issue. What you need to have is a special urine test called the protein:creatinine ratio- this will tell you how much you're spilling. Do you have diabetes? How did they find that you have protein in the urine?

Closed Thread