It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #1

Moondreamer HB User
Stange Kidney/Stomach Pain caused by Activity

I've dealt with kidney infections and UTI's all my life, first being hospitalized with a kidney infection in first grade. I've kept them in check for the most part though, what really seems to help is that a couple years I go I discovered D-Mannose. I take that every day and stay away from pop (which seems to bring them on) and through this I have successfully been able to avoid taking antibiotics.

I'm writind because I experience odd kidney and stomach pain that flares up during and after certain physical activity. I am an avid equestrian, riding and training horses almost daily. When I ride I usually don't have any problems, except when I lope around for extended periods, as an experienced rider I don't exactly get jostled about too much but alot of loping (slow galloping) seems to cause kidney pain that starts after about a half hour. Usually I go home from the barn and the kidney pain continues for a while and then later turns into tummy trouble. I mean actual dull cramping and sometimes soft stool, it's never piercing cramps at all, but none the less, it's not good and can distract me from my work. So this lasts usually several hours though the rest of the day, long after I'm done riding. After living for years with kidney issues, I am certain it's my kidneys that are hurting and not something else. I just don't understand how the kidney/stomach issues could be connected but they very clearly happen one after the other only after this type of activity. Summer is right around the corner and I'll be doing even more riding soon, any thoughts on what it could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Re: Stange Kidney/Stomach Pain caused by Activity

You need to contact your doctor, the best thing to do would be to call them for an emergency appt RIGHT when the pain and stomach problems start occuring, next time you ride and the discomfort starts, call them and say you need to be seen imediatly and ask if there is any way they can squeeze you in, that way then can do some sort of ultra sound, ct scan, SOMETHING to see if your kidney is inflamed or WHAT is going on. your kidneys and stomach have absolutely nothing to do with one another, so its just a coincidence that you are having 2 problems occur at the same time like that. Have they checked for cysts on your kidneys? its possible those are getting irritated with all the bumpy action of riding. also, are you POSITIVE its your kidney? the pain or discomfort you would feel in your back on one side... If your having stomach problems, its possible the pain you are feeling is actually gas, its mistaken for kidney pain quite often. wierd but true. I actually went to the ER once because I was in so much pain turns out it was just gas...

Closed Thread