It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2002, 05:15 PM   #1

robram4 HB User
Cool urinate at night every hour

i have a problem i urinate on most nights about every hour, my urologist gave me some pills to take, not any better, i amgoing for a ultra sound of my kidneys fri. the pain is also on my left side, no answers thus far. ROB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2002, 09:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, I urinate a lot at night too. I find that if I limit my liquids and physical activity at night, it helps a lot.

------------------
Magpie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #3

poohshere27 HB User
one thing my hubby does is drink before he goes to bed, thats whats causing him to pee all night lol, try not drinking alot at night see if that helps.......pooh

Old 05-10-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, I forgot about diabetes. One of the symptoms for diabetes is frequent urination. Another is a dry mouth or thirsty alot.

------------------
Magpie

Old 06-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
(female)

Sehsun HB User
I wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, too. I don't even drink 32-oz. of liquids in one day. Probably less than half of that. All I drink is water, and I have to drink a little bit of it to take some medication about an hour before bed. I wake up twice, around the same time. I have gone through a urodynamic study, but everything was normal. I do have a complicated urology history.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 10-12-2002).]

Old 06-26-2002, 09:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Hello, What about exercising in the evening? That can make you urinate a lot too. I exercise about 2-3 hours before bed and I wake up 2-3 times.

------------------
Magpie

Old 08-18-2002, 10:18 PM   #7

karenortwein HB User
An enlarged prostate can make you have to urinate every hour or so. I suppose your doctor checked this?

Old 08-29-2002, 06:13 PM   #8

TSB HB User

Nocturia is also a condition of having to urinate at night a lot.

I have this problem. I have been told by a urologist that biofeedback would help. Additionally, do most of your drinking in the day and stop drinking after 6pm.
I also have to take detrol to control the urge to go.

Old 09-05-2002, 03:32 AM   #9

bugly HB User
Lightbulb

I'm not an MD, but I had the same "pee every hour" symptom for soem time. It was there whether I drank fluids or not!
Then I was diagnosed with a sleeping disorder - sleep apnea. I have started treatment with a CPAP machine , and within a couple of days I was " cured" - by that I mean that I was able to sleep through the whole night an dnot have to get up and go. I was back to having to urinate when I got up in the morning.
There is a proven correlation between sleep apnea and nocturia. Do you snore? Are you a big person, overweight with a short, stocky neck? Do you have excessive daytime tiredness?
All of these, including the frequent night-time urination, are associated with sleep disorders.
It might be worth getting checked out.

Closed Thread