It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2002, 08:09 AM   #1

Hayley HB User
Post What's a Double Kidney???????

Hi - this is my first time on this board, although I have been posting on the Back Pain board for some time following a lumbar spine fusion.

Anyway, I need some help. At a recent follow up consultaion my surgeon asked if I knew I had kidney stones (I've no symptoms).

I was referred on to another consultant and have since had an IVP (dye injection to see the movement through the kidney) and will be getting my results in the next week.

However, the radiologist was quite open and told me I have a Double Kidney on the Right (which is apparently common...) and the top half is full of stones and not functioning at all - with the bottom half funtioning normally.

Has anyone heard of this??????????? I have searched many sites but can find no reference to it....... Also, any idea how they will treat these stones? I've no idea how many there are or how big they are...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
HAYLEY

Old 08-12-2002, 02:20 PM   #2

Hayley HB User
Mmmm, seems nobody knows.....

Well, thanks to the 7 people (at the time of writing) who took the time to read my post - seems like I'll be able to teach you something after my follow up appointment tomorrow. Will post the outcome as soon as I get it.

Thanks again and I wish you all well for the future.

Regards
HAYLEY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2002, 05:26 AM   #3

Hayley HB User
Hello again – well, for those who don’t know a Double Kidney is also known as a Duplex Kidney.

However, to have a duplex kidney you also need to have 2 ureters and I only have one – mis-diagnosed by the radiologist!

I also don’t have stone’s’ - what I actually have is a staghorn stone.

So now I await a date for surgery to remove the stone, which I’m told will be in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for dropping by to read my post(s). Might drop in for a ‘lurke’ again soon just to see how everyone is doing.

Keep well and good luck to you all
HAYLEY

Old 12-22-2002, 12:27 AM   #4

Fudge HB User
Hi Hayley

I am also from England and I hope you are still lurking around. How did you get on?

I have your two ureters but with one kidney. As far as I know they are twins but they are causing me some problems.

Fudge

Closed Thread