It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2003, 06:54 PM   #1

Berserker HB User
Question Dull pain in right and left side of lower back

It started a couple of days ago.

It essentially just a dull pain that only effects me if I am sitting down or lying on my back. When I am up and moving around, it really does not bother me. There are also, every once in a while, sharp pains in near the dullness that last maybe a second. I have no problem urinating, there is no blood (at least that I can see, urine is mostly clear). I am not bloated, no swelling, no pain in the abdomen.

I have reviewed most of the posts on the board to try to come to some conclusion, but did not really come to any.

I read about oxalates and I do drink cranberry juice and drink soy based products. I also take a vitamin twice a day, along with a V-C. Recently I have been drinking more soda, but normally only have a few a week.

I am 26 years old and had a physical 8 months ago, everything came back normal, except my cholesterol and tri's were a little high.

I recently had a friend pass some kidney stones and what he explained to me I see myself having some of those symptoms. His doctor recommended cranberry juice, so I am currently confused if that is what is best because of the oxalates.

Since this started I have been drinking nothing but water, in case they are stones. What are your thoughts?? If the pain gets worse or is not gone by Monday, I plan on going to the doctor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-18-2003, 12:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ellekay HB User
i've been geting the same pain....it could be an infection, see your doc...I AM!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #3

Steve MCC HB User
I've had similar pains now and then over the past few years and when are bad I have usually gone onto pass kidney stones.

I am probably not that strict in my diet to go on a regime of not eating this or that but reckon making sure that you dont dehydrate is a good idea.

If the pain is bad then sitting in a bath of warm water and staying calm is best while it passes.

Closed Thread