It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #1

HRATL HB User
Post After passing a stone .....

How long does it take for all the pain in the side to go away? Or does it mean another stone is on its way?
One more question...do all stones pass thru the vaginal area?

Old 05-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #2

am HB User
Stones pass from the kidney, down the ureter into the bladder and out the urethra. In my experience for stones that have passed on their own, once they have passed into the bladder my pain has subsided - although I have had some lingering soreness. When I have had them removed via ureteroscopy or lithotripsy I have had irritation from the procedure but not pain. HTH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #3

HRATL HB User
can I ask what was your pain like, and where was it located?....some people say it hurts very bad to have them pass urthea and some say it doesn't hurt?

Old 05-15-2003, 07:24 AM   #4

am HB User
I have had stones located in different areas (kidney, ureter, bladder) so my pain has depended on where the stone was and also the size. For example, my worst pain has been from large stones in the kidney that were too big to pass out of the kidney but were trying to. This pain was severe and radiated from the flank down and was accompanied by nausea, sweating, etc. These stones had to be broken up via lithotripsy. My smaller stones passing through the ureter into the bladder have also been very painful with pain still in the flank but lower. My most recent stone I was able to pass and I could literally feel it pass down into the bladder - with some very sharp pain. Once it was in the bladder I was pain free and it was small enough that it was not painful when it passed out of the urethra (I am female if that makes any difference ) So my pain has varied quite a bit based on the size and location of the stones. Please feel free to ask any questions - I have a lot of experience in this area! HTH!

Old 05-15-2003, 07:33 AM   #5

HRATL HB User
Hi am, See this is why I think I have Gallstones, (dr thinks kidney stone) is because my pain is in my right rib cage and two inches below right breast and back...I do have very sore tender lower right rib area I don't have belly pains and or female area pains..I know I sound stupid, but I'm scared and don't have the sonogram Tuesday..He did x-rays and blood work. already
I thank you for being here for everyone! You're a blessing!!!

Old 05-15-2003, 09:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Either gallstones or if they don't show, it could be an inflammation of the gallbladder. This can also happen, especially after eating a fatty/spicy meal. The pain would also be high up in your belly/chest area and can be referred to your should or arm.

Pain from kidney stones would either be in your lower belly, back - lumbar region and loins.

Good luck

Closed Thread