It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2003, 08:18 AM   #1

Amosquito HB User
Post Tart Red Cherry Juice and uric acid

This juice is touted to lower uric acid levels.

I'm wondering if the "Organic Red Tart Cherry Juice" I'm drinking (6 oz a day) can make my *normal* uric acid levels get too low? I have Polycystic Kidney Disease, but normal function.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:36 AM   #2

FlowerFairy HB User
Hi Amosquito,
Sorry,I wish I knew the answer to that,but,I don't. Just out of curiosity,may I ask why your drinking that cherry juice daily? Is it for your kidney disease? I have some kidney problems as well. I have been drinking the white cranberry juice...I like it much better than the red b/c it's not as tart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2003, 08:25 AM   #3

Amosquito HB User
Oh, sorry, I am taking it for muscle and joint aches. I've had these for years and they're worse lately since undergoing physical therapy. It's delicious, BTW

Old 07-16-2003, 12:06 AM   #4

wefcio HB User
Exclamation

Tart red cherry juice is not effective for joint pain, it is sweet dark red cherry juice that you want to drink. My son has gout which is caused by the kidney's failure to filter the uric acid out of his bloodstream. The uric acid then pools in the joints where the body temperature is lowest and it crystalizes causing horrible, excruciating pain. My son is 21 and had kidney failure - 1/3 of kidney failure patients will get gout which is actually considered an arthritis. Gout episodes can be brought on because of alcohol consumption, obesity from excess fat in the diet, and high blood pressure as well. However, it is only the sweet dark cherry juice that has an effect on uric acid, not the tart red cherry juice. It is also harder to find the sweet dark juice, but it is available online. Hope this helps you out.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #5

neatfreak HB User
Unhappy Re: Tart Red Cherry Juice and uric acid

Wefcio, I have been having problems passing this small kidney stone. I have had a stent, (3) cystoscopies and numerous infections because of this. Anyhow, recently over the last month or so, I have been getting this unbearable joint pain in my knees, hips, shoulders, elbows and wrists. I was wondering about the gout you mentioned.

I could not figure out why I was getting this type of pain and when I explained it to my Urologist he said he never heard of such a thing.

I don't think I am having kidney failure but it sure does worry me.

Closed Thread