It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 04:49 AM   #1

mollybear HB User
Exclamation stone has not passed...pain has stopped

I was admitted to the emergency like everyone for a 4mm kidney stone. I did indeed have the classic pain in the back, the next day it moved to the front and the next day the pain moved over my bladder..or in it?
Since then I have had no pain, there is still blood in my urine and the doctors say that it is still in me....but were! How long can this thing sit in my system..or in my bladder.
I walk a ton everyday and drink gallons of water.
But nothing happens...my fever and chills also went away.Once a day I will get a little dizzy and have very minor pain that goes away within minutes.
HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH A SIMILAR CASE??
HELP!

Old 08-31-2003, 10:48 PM   #2

swhitehd HB User
Exclamation

Hi Molly!

I came on ehre today because i was freaking out about this topic myself! I am 25, and I had major pain 10 days ago, and went to the ER. I thought I had a UTI because I had blood in my urine, but they found no bacteria in my urine or tests since. Anyhoo...they did a CT Scan, and although they couldn't "find" the stone, they said there was evidence of one having been there. By the time the morphine wore off after a couple of hours being there, the pain was virtually gone. I thought I must have passed it while I was there! Well..I had some intermitten pain over last weekend, but then last monday, I couldn't pee. But I HAD to..I just couldn't. My friends sister is a doctor, so he called her up for me (he too has had 2 kidney stones) and she said that my stone obviously hadn't passed yet and it was plugging up my holes! But, that went away, but few times since I have had a half hour where that has happened again. I've also had that frequesnt urination thing alot.

Anyways...so today I started having blood in my urine again. I thought maybe it was a my period starting because its about that time, but its not. i am kinda freaking out! I Don't know what to make of the blood thing. I'm not really having any pain..I mean minor twinges here and there. I should have gont to my doctor for a follow up last week! But now its a 3 day weekend...grrr! I have to wait till tuesday now.

Please keep us updates with your progress. It sounds so similar to mine!

-Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 11:24 PM   #3

EastBaygirl29 HB User
I am on the tail end of what you are going through now. I can share with you my experience:

I was admitted to the ER with pain and blood in the urine in April. A CT scan had shown multiple stones. During the course of a week, the pain moved from the back to the front and then eventually went away. However, I had not passed a stone.

I felt great for about two months then the stone started moving again. Same symptoms as before- flank pain and blood in the urine. Since then I have passed 3 stones and have a ureteroscopy to remove the remaining two.

I guess my advice to you is when the stone moves, you will have symptoms similiar to what you have already experienced. Stones can stay in you for years without causing problems.

Drink a ton of water, keep an eye on your urine, and periodically check with your doctor for a CT scan or a ultrasound. Its great if the stone doesnt cause you pain but the regular monitoring by the doctor can determine if the stone is growing. Typically, a stone over 10mm cannot pass itself.

Best of luck to you! Hopefully, this stone will pass soon and you will not make anymore!

Old 09-01-2003, 04:38 AM   #4

mollybear HB User
Thanks for all the info...acutally I woke up this moring with severe cramping in the lower side...I took some pain killer. Iam having a hard time going to the bathroom right now...it just feels like a burning cramping. So I started walking around the house and jumping to see if it will move any faster.
IAM READY FOR THIS THIS TO COME OUT!

Old 09-02-2003, 08:22 PM   #5

mollybear HB User
Cool

WEll still no updates.
This is really fustrating to me because this is my first stone and I dont really know how to gauge were the heck it is. The pain yesterday lasted for 7 straight hours. The pain was not as bad as when it first passed out of my kidney. I did have horrible acid in my stomach and cramping. At least I could hobble around the house instead of rolling around the house. Then today I did some gardening outside to get this thing moving and sure enough about 10 minutes later I was having shooting pains down my urethra towards my vaginia. This only lasted for about 10 seconds each time. Then tonight I can stop going to the bathroom....so hopefully its near the end.
Who know>>
My doctor is all booked for this week and I cant see him until next week!!?!

Closed Thread