It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

sickperson HB User
Symptoms of kidney stones

I think I have a kidney stone that is trying to pass but have never had one before so I'm not sure. Last summer I had a hysterectomy and the MRI showed I had bilateral kidney stones which I didn't know I had. For the last two weeks I've had pain in my left side and back where my kidney is. The pain doesn't go all the way to my spine. It doesn't hurt in the front where my belly is but it does hurt down low like where I would have ovary pain if I had an ovary, which I don't. I thought it was a kidney infection and doc said I had blood and white cells in my urine and gave me antibiotics. But, they called yesterday and said the culture came back negative. The pain comes and goes. It is not sharp but aches like I was having period cramps in my side. It is worse today than yesterday - almost constant aching today. I'm also urinating a lot but it doesn't burn or hurt. I can't afford to go get a CT or MRI. I thought kidney stones passed quickly and you had sharp pains with it. Is it normal that I've had the pain for two weeks? Is there any other way I can tell for sure it is a kidney stone without having an MRI or CT?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

karm0099 HB User
Re: Symptoms of kidney stones

I have the same symtoms. Trying to figure out if kidney stone(s).
Had a UTI a few months ago, got meds, went home, and I think I passed a small stone. SURPRISE! I am on a diuretic, and hypoglycemic, and I hear both those are indicators that you could get stones. Pain in my lower side/back. And have to pee alot, but doesn't hurt when I do. Hurts when I sit down too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

sickperson HB User
Re: Symptoms of kidney stones

Thanks...mine has stopped hurting so much so I think I must have passed it...if it was a kidney stone. I never had the horrible stabbing severe pain that everybody talks about....just the horrible aching in my side and lower abdomen.

Closed Thread