It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

mom8753 HB User
Left flank pain

I have had some pain in my left flank are for over a month now. I went to the Dr. today and they checked my urine and said there is alot of blood in it. They told me it was a cut and dry case of kidney stones. So they sent me for a CT scan to see how big it was. I had not had any urgency or pain during urination until today. Got the results from CT and they said it came back clear. So they told me to take antibiotics because maybe there was an infection starting. But when they checked my urine they said no sign of infection and white blood count was good.
Could there be something else going on, I have been in pain for over a month and I would think an infection would have shown up by now.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: Left flank pain

It could be that you had a stone and it passed. I had exactly the same symptoms you described so I went to the doc. I had X-rays that showed nothing so I was put on antibiotics. Next the pain continued so I had a renal ultrasound that showed stones. Next I had a CT scan that showed 2 stones in the ureters. Before I could get the ureteroscopy to remove them, they passed without me knowing it. I had the procedure and no stones were found but the left flank pain continued. Once the stones passed there is sometimes inflammation and swelling where the stones were so there is still pain in the side. It's been a week since I passed the stones but flank pain remains. I was told to take Ibuprofen to get rid of the inflammation. By the way, I did have blood in the urine, urgency and frequency to go along with the flank pain. Maybe Ibuprofen will help you since infection isn't present and no sign of stones.
Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

purchaseskkjw HB User
Re: Left flank pain

I am having the same issue! back pain & blood in urine, CT only showed cysts on liver a 1 on kidney; no stones. Blood work normal. Waitung on strep test.
ANy updates? thanks

Closed Thread