It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
(male)

defrankc HB User
Kidney Stone Stuck in Urethra

Hello,
I have suffered with kidney stones for the past 15 years, and pop them out on average every two months, so I'm an old hat at them.

Last week I had a particularly nasty one cause a night of serious back pain, but it moved on and the pain has been gone. Sunday morning I felt stone move from my bladder into my urethra, as many have done before, and based on the same feeling I expected the stone to come flying out or at the very least get stuck where I could see it and pluck it out (sorry for TMI) as many of them do.

Unfortunately, no stone came out. It's now Tuesday and I still have intense pain and burning when I urinate, I can't sit certain ways where pressure is applied to the base of the urethra, and from what I can tell the stone is lodged at the very base of the urethra, very close to where it enters the bladder (I can actually feel the rock in there and get that kidney-stone-is-stuck pain that takes your breath away).

Has this happened to anyone before? I don't understand how the stone made it all the way down the much thinner ureters and is now stuck in the urethra. I am able to go to the bathroom normally without straining, just some severe burning and pain at times, and I am drinking myself sick with water, cranberry and lemon juice, and even beer (which I hate) and this thing is not budging.

My doctor called in an antibiotic, but the wait time for a urologist is 6 months and I don't feel like this is worthy of an ER visit (yet). Any advice or just someone who went thru the same thing to let me know this is normal?

Thanks!

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kmatthew HB User
Re: Kidney Stone Stuck in Urethra

I am so sorry about your pain, Even though I am not a guy I have had nine kidney procedures since April with three of them being due to blockages in the tube. You do need to go to the emergency room and have them do a ct scan or a kub and get either your urologist or have them recommend one for you to release that stone. It can damage kidney function cause you not to be able to go to the bathroom and you do not want damage that cannot be reveresed. Trust me..... I hope you get relief soon. It is well worth going to the er and it cannot wait six months. I am surprised with the amount of pain you are in that they would make you wait that long. If you go to the ER they will remove it on the next working day and you will be fine, I pass them every three weeks and have had an awful time getting them to stop. I am now on a special diet and I have one 9mm left and hopefully things will calm down. I know how you feel, and I have lost 40 percent function in my kidneys due to the blockage. It is now functioning normally. Don't wait

Good Luck.

Last edited by kmatthew; 09-05-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Closed Thread