It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

greenie1 HB User
Right kidney larger than left per CT scan

I recently had a CT scan to check for kidney stones (have had 11 "episodes in 8 months). The scan showed no stones, however, it showed my right kidney was significantly larger than normal. The left one was significantly smaller than normal. Nothing else was present on the CT. The Urologist said I probably had it since birth, however, a recent ultrasound for something unrelated showed a normal size right kidney and a kidney CT from 3 years ago showed normal sized kidneys as well. After requesting these two films to be sent over to my urologist, I have not heard back from her. Anyone been in this situation? No blockage was seen in the CT. Could this be a recently damaged left kidney and if so, any chance it can be repaired or go back to normal size?? Urologist has not even requested blood work to be done! I have been waiting a week to be called for scheduling for a "VUD"(?)
I am only 34 and kind of freaking out about the prognosis.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread