It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

missamelissa HB User
Right Flank pain, NOT kidney....

a few months ago, I went to the emergency room for palpitations that were causing me to be light headed and short of breath, I'm told there is nothing wrong with my heart, but while I was in the ER they drew blood and checked, what I imagine the standard things to check would be, and found that I had a kidney infection. They gave me IV antibiotics and a prescription for oral antibiotics and the doctor told me that was what was causing my PVC's. I told him I hadn't had any kidney pain and he reached around me and jabbed the side of his hand into my right flank and that caused a very sharp pain, that persisted. PVC's came back when I finished my antibiotics, had an Echo, and my doctor said there is nothing wrong with my heart after she heard a PAC while doing her routine exam. I explained about the pain in my flank, had IVP and x-rays that showed "kidney stones" in my left kidney (eventhough all my pain was on the right side)....finally today (a month later) I got in to see the urologist who told me my kidneys were fine, I don't have stones (just small calcifications that he was not convinced were even on my kidney) and there's nothing he could do for me and showed me the door. I don't know what to do...I don't have endless amounts of money or time to keep going back to be told I'm fine.....I'm having heart palpitations that are gradually getting worse and right flank pain that is not my kidney, I'm pretty sure I'm sane....what do I do??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
(male)

Kailech HB User
Re: Right Flank pain, NOT kidney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by missamelissa View Post
a few months ago, I went to the emergency room for palpitations that were causing me to be light headed and short of breath, I'm told there is nothing wrong with my heart, but while I was in the ER they drew blood and checked, what I imagine the standard things to check would be, and found that I had a kidney infection. They gave me IV antibiotics and a prescription for oral antibiotics and the doctor told me that was what was causing my PVC's. I told him I hadn't had any kidney pain and he reached around me and jabbed the side of his hand into my right flank and that caused a very sharp pain, that persisted. PVC's came back when I finished my antibiotics, had an Echo, and my doctor said there is nothing wrong with my heart after she heard a PAC while doing her routine exam. I explained about the pain in my flank, had IVP and x-rays that showed "kidney stones" in my left kidney (eventhough all my pain was on the right side)....finally today (a month later) I got in to see the urologist who told me my kidneys were fine, I don't have stones (just small calcifications that he was not convinced were even on my kidney) and there's nothing he could do for me and showed me the door. I don't know what to do...I don't have endless amounts of money or time to keep going back to be told I'm fine.....I'm having heart palpitations that are gradually getting worse and right flank pain that is not my kidney, I'm pretty sure I'm sane....what do I do??
Just saw your post. I know it was awhile back but curious to see if you found the problem. I have had left flank problems and have gone through every test you can imagine from nerve blocks to mri's. They knocked me out to check kidneys and all well there. 2yrs of a back that feels like it's on fire is no fun.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kailech:
Cherley (11-08-2011)
Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
(male)

doubleaaaron79 HB User

DId they check your adrenal function? They are on top of your kidneys. They can affect your heart and make you have palpitations.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
(female)

sweetfemale HB Usersweetfemale HB User

Been having the same problems...altho last week the doc tried a different method...he felt under my right rib bone and just above my naval button...i nearly jumped off the bed!!! All the actual pain i had felt was in my rt kidney.
He is now testing for gallstones...having an USS on thursday so will let you know the outcome!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
(female)

Dreading HB User

Any updates from anyone with these symptoms? I am having similar issues, periodic stabbing pains in my right flank and frequent tachycardia episodes with syncope. I have been previously diagnosed with PSVT, but it's worse than ever.

Last edited by Dreading; 03-16-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
(female)

Cherley HB User

@Kailech, sounds like you've been through the same as me with no results. Hope you've got some by now.

Closed Thread