It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
(male)

Hardwood HB User
Kidney stone / sand

Hi,

A friend of mine has this condition, and I'm asking the question so she doesn't have to think and worry so much. She's 24 years old, no kids, normal body, but physically not very active.

One month ago she got very sick for a few days, after a night with some moderate alcohol intake and standing out in the cold with an open jacket a few times during the night, with people who were smoking. So she got sick and felt really bad. Her urine was dark brown/red, and it lasted for a few days. She had pain while peeing, and pain in the waist region. She went to doctor and took blood test, urine test and ultrasound, 4 days after the first symptoms. It showed no kidney stone, but they believed it was an inflammation of the kidneys.

She went on a diet of mostly raw fruit juices, and very little food. The urine color was normal after a few days, and other sickness symptoms also went away. She had a second urine and blood test one week after. The results from that have come back now, and it shows improvement in the blood, indicating that the inflammation has improved. But the urine still showed a high amount of red blood cells. The count was 250 cells, per ..something (?)..

The urine was expected to have improved, but it had not. The doctor now believed she has "kidney sand". She was now asked to return for new urine test in January. First symptoms happened one month ago.

Perhaps it is right procedure. But I would like to ask here from someone who could have experience. Is it ok to just wait? It has also not been given a proper cause for the diagnosis, why she got the inflammation of the kidney in the first place. Her parent's have some problems with kidneys, so could it be genetic? Since the blood cell count in urine is still high, does that indicate more likely a chronic case, rather than acute?

It feels a bit worrying not to know what has caused this. I would appreciate any suggestions, and advice on how to deal with this. And what can be the cause?

Hopefully this looks like a rather mild case, but I'm thinking in case it is a chronic condition, then one has to take it seriously, so it does not continue and get worse over time.. That's why I would really like to find out the underlying cause. But I don't know if there are more things that could be checked? Can it be as simple as a lack of some particular nutrition?

Last edited by Hardwood; 11-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread