It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
(male)

Octave HB User
How does kidney failure start

I think I might have it.
I've been having frequent urination for almost a year now, and now I have proteinuria.

But I started having frequent urination right after a panic attack.
How does it start? Is it gradual? Because it just happened right there and I couldn't stop going.

I'm not sure anymore. The first couple of times I went to the doctor earlier when it started they said my kidneys were fine, and I don't have diabetes.

I'm stressing to go back to the doctor but I don't have the money and I can't get insurance until this year is over.

And can frequent urination in kidney failure leave you dehydrated?

Last edited by Octave; 12-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: How does kidney failure start

When your kidneys fail you typically produce less urine, not more. The frequent urination could be due to many things. The most common signs of kidney problems are high blood pressure and swelling in the extremities (ankles and fingers).

Sorry I can't be more help, but simply having frequent urination is not a sign of kidney failure and could be a sign of a great many other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
(male)

Octave HB User

A lot of places says it is.
I don't notice my ankles or any part of my body swelling up, besides fat lol.
I'm not sure if I have high blood pressure. I might because I can feel my pulse easily sometimes. I don't really know.

The proteinuria is what's really worrying me, but it says it can be caused by stressed, and I have had fathomless anxiety and stress throughout all the year.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

A simple blood test will check your kidney function. In most cases kidney disease is a very slow process, with no obvious symptoms for many years. I would suggest you go over this with your doctor, before stressing yourself out over it. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
(female)

deedee1313 HB User

Some other signs at least for my husband were;dark colored urine(coca cola colored,which means there is blood in it)sometimes it was foamy(which is a sign of protein in it)and while urinating it would start and stop and start and stop.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
(male)

Octave HB User

My urine is very pale and in large amounts.
It is larger when I drink more water.

Some days water passes right through me
Some days, it's not as frequent but still more than normal.

The less I drink, it's usually less frequent and more yellow than pale.

In the morning, I usually have a full bladder or somewhat of a full bladder, and it's completely yellow/regular color.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

The more water you drink, the paler your urine gets. Urine color is not a reliable indicator of kidney disease though. I am in stage 4 renal failure, and my urine is pale to light yellow too. if you have concerns, a blood test is the way to go. Kidney disease goes for many years without symptoms in many people.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
(male)

Octave HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
The more water you drink, the paler your urine gets. Urine color is not a reliable indicator of kidney disease though. I am in stage 4 renal failure, and my urine is pale to light yellow too. if you have concerns, a blood test is the way to go. Kidney disease goes for many years without symptoms in many people.
It is mostly always pale. Nearly always clear. Just a little yellower without fluid intake. In the morning it's completely yellow though.

Frequency and Amount is somewhat effected by my water intake as well. Sometimes if I drink a lot of water, it passes through me every 20 minutes, sometimes it stays in there longer.

I'm really struggling to retain water in my body. Water practically goes right through me. I try to drink at least 2 quarts a day but I can feel how dehydrated I am in the morning. My mouth is dry and sometimes my eyes too.

Oh and I hope you get through with your Kidney failure.

If anyone has anymore help please post because I need to know how to deal with this until I can go to the doctor's next month.

Last edited by Octave; 12-11-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Closed Thread