It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
(female)

DMMgirl HB User
Clear urine but I drink a lot of soda

This may be a stupid thread and I may just be paranoid, but I drink A LOT of soda. And I thought if you drank a lot of soda and other things, rather than water, your urine was supposed to be dark yellow.. I know that's not a good thing, but still, it normally is. My urine is clear, and I've had to pee maybe like once every hour or two, even though I really don't drink that much..

Do you think it could be something with my kidneys or..? I don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Clear urine but I drink a lot of soda

The more concentrated your urine is, the darker it will be. If you drink a large volume and urinate a lot, your urine will most likely be clear or pale yellow. The only way to tell for sure if you have kidney problems is to do blood work and other tests. You can't tell a lot (other than leaking protein causing foam) from just examining the urine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

all I can tell you is my husband was addicted to coke zero for a few years and diet coke before that to six cans per day. Do you nap a lot? He began sleeping half the day for 2 months then became nauseated. They found a large cancer on his kidney.
It just took a cat scan to find it. I believe , and I warned him for years, that the sweetener in coke zero causes cancer but he laughed and drank another. Now he's scheduled for kidney removal in january, vomits after his medication and is so tired.
He won't even play cards anymore. I hope you get this checked out. Do a search on
"diet drinks artificial sweetener." Good luck to you.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coravh View Post
The more concentrated your urine is, the darker it will be. If you drink a large volume and urinate a lot, your urine will most likely be clear or pale yellow. The only way to tell for sure if you have kidney problems is to do blood work and other tests. You can't tell a lot (other than leaking protein causing foam) from just examining the urine.

Cora, that is so right. Except his urine varied all the time in color from pale yellow to dark yellow. Then there was the FOAMY urine at times. I suspected kidneys then.
I wish everyone would read about ASPARTAME and avoid it most of the time. SG

Closed Thread