It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

kugra HB User
Angry How long does a stone stay in your kidney before it moves down?

I'm 22 and I had my first stone when I was 15. It was 5mm and I was admitted to the hospital and had the lithotripsy done. I had my second one when I was 20 and it was only 4mm but the pain was more severe than the first one! I was admitted through the ER again for pain management and had a stent put in. A year ago I started having pain again so I went to my doc and had and ultrasound done. It revealed that I had SEVERAL stones in BOTH of my kidneys! She said that they would pass on their own. I have had pain on and off since then. In december I was STILL hurting and went to another doctor and had another ultrasound done. She said they were small and to just wait it out but if it got bad then to go to the ER. Two weeks ago I was in soo much pain I thought I was dying! Once you've had a stone you never ever forget that pain! I went to the ER and had a CT done...One of the stones had gotten large but he told me the same thing my doctor said. I was soo mad because I'm tired of hurting! And he said "Your stones are still in your kidneys and stones don't hurt when they're in your kidneys." Why the heck am I hurting then?? Then he said I had a UTI and gave me antibiotics. I finished those and I still hurt so I went back to the ER. The doctor (a different one) came in...did not do a single test and said he couldn't do anything and that they would pass...I couldn't even pass the 4mm one which is considered small! I've had these stones forever and I was just wondering how long does it take for them to move down or are they just going to sit up there and get bigger?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
(male)

holistic825 HB User
Re: How long does a stone stay in your kidney before it moves down?

Sorry to here about your pain with stones. Kidney stones are not all the same composition there are four primary types of stones calcium oxilate being the most common about 80%. Staghorn stones although less common could be painfull because they are sharp and jagged in nature. Pain could be related to infection which is common with kidney stones. My father had a severe case of kidney stones and both kidneys where full of stones. I researched and found a product called Renavive which dissolved all of his stones within 60 days. The doctors were amazed at the results. This product really works! Good Luck.

Closed Thread