It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
(female)

principesa HB User
Unhappy searing pain in hip (& possibly small of back) upon waking

hello all,
i've tried researching but am drawing a blank and need to talk to fellow, real people and i hope a few of u can spare some time to lend some advice. i don't have access to medical care and am trying to get an idea of what possibly is going on with me.
growing up i never really had to go to the bathroom (i didn't ignore the urge, i just didn't have to go) and never really drank much fluid (had no idea how important it was). starting in maybe my early 20's, i would sometimes wake up with my abdomen feeling distended but i thought it was from sleeping on my stomach, stretching out my abdomen.
fast forward some years, i now have the worriesome symptoms of (i'm sorry, i know this is gross to be subjecting you all to, but i'm scared...) funny smelling, sometimes dark and/or bubbly pee (protein in the pee?), and no matter how much i try, how much i tone my pc muscles, i also have little damp spots in my undies as well ...and i have started waking up every day with a searing, burning pain in my right (95% of the time, 5% the other side) hip joint (i have changed to sleeping on my side and i thought it could be just my mattress but i have this feeling it's from not going to the bathroom overnight...) and i think the pain (it's hard to tell because the hip burning makes it hard to tell) is sometimes in the small of my back.
do these symtoms sound to you all like kidney infection or worse, advanced kidney disease? (...is hip pain a known symptom of kidney disease?)

and if you do think this sounds like kidney disease ...are there any complimentary treatments you all can share with me?

thank you to those of you who've read this and for any help u can lend...

blessings,
principesa*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread