HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Kidney Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/kidney-disorders/)
-   -   does anyone have ckd kidney disease early stage etc (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/kidney-disorders/739493-does-anyone-have-ckd-kidney-disease-early-stage-etc.html)

starmissy 03-12-2010 03:37 AM

does anyone have ckd kidney disease early stage etc

looking for any1 with early stages of ckd chronic kidney disease
want to no what symptoms you have or started to have when you where diagnosed.
did you smoke when you had it?
overweight?
anyone in family with kidney problems etc
thanks so much

Cora1003 03-12-2010 05:19 AM

Re: does anyone have ckd kidney disease early stage etc

Hi StarMissy and welcome. What's your story? I was first diagnosed with early stage kidney disease through protein in my urine in the late 70s. There basically were no symptoms except through the urinalysis. I had diabetes so that was my risk factor. High blood pressure, diabetes, and a family history of kidney disease. Also, over use of otc drugs such as ibuprofen can cause kidney damage.

Most kidney diseases are silent and only found through blood work and urinalysis. Once it has been diagnosed, eating well and taking care of yourself can delay or stop the progression of the disease.

starmissy 03-12-2010 06:16 AM

hi thanks for your reply, im worried ive got kidney damage in right kidney or kidney diesease,im waiting for a kidney scan, this all started with pain over/near kidney,went to docs that dianosged kidney infection but 6 weeks on still no better,all my urine tests show blood,protein and somthing else so they are arranging a scan to be sure.
but im worried ive had pain for 6months and last year i tried to overdose twice so i may have caused damaged also 2 years ago my mum had her kidney removed rountine scan showed massive tumour inside her kidney

Cora1003 03-12-2010 07:13 AM

While I'm not a doc, I can tell you that most kidney disease and damage is "silent". It is quite possible that the pain, protein and blood is from a stone.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

mabent 03-12-2010 07:31 AM

Hi - I know it's difficult to do, but please try to stop worrying about whether or not you have kidney disease. I hope your kidney scan is done soon that you will know just what is going on! :( As you said, whatever it is is in it's early stage. Remember, a person can function really well with only one kidney if need be; and I believe you said your problem is with the right kidney? The fact that you tried to overdose could have done some damage, but so far it seems as if you have an [I]infection[I], which may be or not be actual kidney disease.
I have recently learned that I have stenosis in my renal arteries. I had a kidney ultrasound, and the results showed some early kidney disease in both kidneys because of renal artery stenosis. However, my urine and blood tests were normal. I am a former smoker (20 years ago), and also my father had atherosclerosis. I have been told that I, too, have it and that is causing the stenosis. Is your blood pressure under control? Both smoking and hypertension can cause kidney disease. But, as others have said, kidney disease can be treated; and the kidney ultrasound is a good way to start. Good luck!
Mabent :)

starmissy 03-12-2010 12:04 PM

thanks guys will keep you all posted.
no stones they did normal xray 4 that when i was sent to hospital

starmissy 03-16-2010 04:23 AM

update for you, well ive just been discharged from 3 days in hospital turn out i had a very serevere kidney infection worst ever.
hopefully on the mend still waiting for my scan to make sure there is no damage

Cora1003 03-16-2010 06:03 AM

While I'm not happy that you had an infection, it is good that it was something as simple as that. Much more easily treated than many other things. Hope the road to recovery is smooth for you.

Arby2010 03-19-2010 08:58 PM

CKD is having a kidney problem for a minimum of 3 months, as I've been told. I had no advanced warning that I had totally lost one kidney and only have 45% use in the other. Mine problem was probably caused by high blood pressure, which also caused me to have Vascular Dimenia. High blood pressure that caused vessels in my brain to burst, and really delicate ones in my kidneys to rupture also.
I would really say that you should make sure you don't have high blood pressure or diabetes.