It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

daryllyn HB User
Radiology missed the stone on my last CT scan!

I was diagnosed with a kidney stone back in June. It was described as partially obstructing and lodged at the UVJ. I went to a urologist and I wasn't able to get the surgery done. I lost medical coverage and missed my appointment with the surgeon. I recently got my coverage back and went to a different urologist. He sent me for a repeat scan and they said the stone was gone. I was floored. I have had the same exact pain for going on six months now, if it had in fact passed, why am I still in pain? The ct showed a ruptured ovarian cyst on the opposite side.

So I scheduled an appointment with the original urologist and was asked to bring a disk with the ct results on it. Out of curiosity I popped the disk into my laptop (just as I had done with the one from my first scan) and I found the stone. I put the pictures from both scans side by side and they are exactly the same. I know I am not a radiologist, but I am also not blind. The one picture has a little arrow pointing to it and the other does not, that is the only difference.

I am SO mad! I have been waiting forever to get this thing out. I have been denied pain medication because "I shouldn't be in pain" because "the stone is gone". I was also doubted in the beginning. The NP didn't want to send me for the scan because "I probably didn't have stone". I am happy in a sense that I was right, though LOL. I feel somewhat validated and I have hope now that this is finally almost over.

My question is, what are the risks of having a stone stuck in the ureter for that long? It has been there since at least May.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 672010ctscan.jpg (92.3 KB, 2 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

daryllyn HB User
Re: Radiology missed the stone on my last CT scan!

It won't let me save a picture of the second scan, but it looks exactly like this. So there isn't really much of a point in posting both

Closed Thread