It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

Escalavee HB User
Please help! I have a kidney stone stuck in my urethra!

I have had kidney stones for 15 years now, and they have ranged from as small as a couple grains of sand to the size of a pencil eraser. I have always passed them, I never had to have surgery.

I have one (possibly more) stuck in my urethra. It has been there for 2 months now. I can feel it in there, but it is not blocking my urine flow. NOTHING I have tried will flush it out. I have made myself sick with the amount of water and lemon juice I have drank, and sometimes I feel it moving, but it hasn't come out.

This is not the first time I had a stone stuck in my urethra. I had one 11 mm stone stuck in my urethra for 3 or 4 months before it finally came out, I passed it on my own at home with no pain medications.

Seeing a doctor is not an option, as I do not have medical insurance. Besides, any time I have been to a doctor, they never did anything anyway. They will not listen to me when I tell them it is stuck. They just do an ultrasound and tell me I have a 5 mm stone in my left kidney (it is literally the SAME thing every time - a 5 mm stone in my left kidney, always), and they give me pain killers and send me home. They have never once checked to see if a stone was lodged in my urethra...

Anyway, can anyone give me any ideas on how to get this thing out of my urethra? It is bothering me SO bad... not so much pain as discomfort and irritating. There is a pressure in the lower part of my urethra that is sometimes maddening. Please help! Any advice is welcomed, but I ask that you please refrain from telling me to see a doctor, because I really can't. The only way I will go in would be if I lose the ability to urinate. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
(male)

alinkatomik1 HB User
Re: Please help! I have a kidney stone stuck in my urethra!

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/1,1607,7-132-2943_4845_4931---,00.html
This is the website for michigan's health insurance, maybe they can help you get insurance to get treatment.

Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is the most frequently used procedure for the treatment of kidney stones. In ESWL, shock waves that are created outside the body travel through the skin and body tissues until they hit the denser stones. The stones break down into small particles and are easily passed through the urinary tract in the urine.

Try this, I hope this works for you

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-23-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

Escalavee HB User
Re: Please help! I have a kidney stone stuck in my urethra!

Thank you. I will look into this! By the way, the stone is still lodged in there...

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-23-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Closed Thread