It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

Katchick HB User
Unhappy Unresolved kidney pain following stone

Long story as short as I can make it.....HELP!!!! I became symptomatic with a kidney stone October 24th, have had 4 office visits, an ultrasound, CT and IVP and a trip to the ER. IVP showed a pseudouretercele but no stone. Passed a 5mm x 3mm stone day 16 of symptoms. Was to have a cystoscopy 2 days later but urologist recommended "wait and see" since symptoms eased considerably after I passed the stone and because he couldn't visualize the ureter in office. It has now been 4 full weeks and I still have pain. Saw my GP yesterday for followup on heart-rate issues. He did a urinalysis and because everything was clear on that thinks my issues must be gynecological. Since I have no reproductive organs above belly button level and because this is a continued pain (has begun to increase intensity again in the last week - to the point of disrupting sleep again) that is the exact same as while I was trying to pass a stone I feel this is still urological. My husband thinks the same thing and that our GP just doesn't seem to be taking me seriously (already considering finding a new one) And the urologist doesn't seem to think we should be in any hurry to figure out what is going on. It is a struggle to live thru work each day (thankfully mine is not a physically demanding job) and the household chores are suffering neglect because by the time I get home each day, all I really want is a nap. This is wearing me out and leaving me cranky! Does anyone have any suggestions, comment, opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread