It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

Niomit HB User
Ketones in urine + bladder problem?

Hi, I'm a 22 yr old female who has had two urine tests done (a month apart) that said that I had ketones in my urine. My doctor referred me for a kidney ultrasound but nothing was wrong except for possible urinary retention - although he said I should dismiss those test results since the bladder emptying cannot be judged accurately in that test, or something along those lines. However I do have a slight problem with urinating, for years now I've felt like I can never finish or empty my bladder completely and sometimes have to go frequently. No urgency or burning.

I saw an alternative medicine doctor who read the tests results (which had slight above normal red/white blood cells) as meaning I had a UTI, but my regular doctor said he saw no problems and also said the ketones were not a problem.

I've read about diabetes, diet problems etc that could lead to this but is it possible the ketones has something to do with my bladder?

Also, the reason I've been to the doctor so much recently is because I developed stomach problems in the last few months: but my upper endoscopy was negative for anything so they are diagnosing my reflux, abdominal discomfort & indigestion as functional dyspepsia.

Thanks for any input!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread