It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

valph HB User
I'm passing multiple kidney stones and scared!

Hi, this is my first posting. I've had kidney stones over the past two years, passing one every once in awhile. But two weeks ago I got a bladder infection, went on antibiotics, and as soon as I finished them I got a viral infection with a high fever. I tried to keep drinking water, but I was pretty much out of it for a couple of days.

Yesterday morning I started passing kidney stones - I passed 7 within an hour! They were all 1 m. or less. Then later that afternoon I passed 3 more. Then this morning I passed one, and just a few minutes ago I passed another one. That's 12 in about 36 hours!

Now my back hurts, I'm running a low grade fever, and I'm freaked out. I called my urologist, but have to wait a couple of weeks for an appointment. I'm at the point where I'm about ready to go to the E.R. - but I don't want to do anything out of panic.

So - is it common to get kidney stones after a UTI? After running fever? This has never happened before, and I have to think the two illnesses have something to do with it.

Thanks for letting me vent here - I feel better just seeing the posts from other kidney stone sufferers. It's hard being the only one who's ever had anything like this.

Valph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I'm passing multiple kidney stones and scared!

Hi well perhaps the stones actually helped make an infection in there first and now the fever. At least the stones are coming out. A little olive oil might make it easier, also red mombin may help with spasms if it can be obtained, lemon juice and apple may help bring out any more that are in there. Cranberries might help keep the bacteria from sticking to tissues, I would not use sweet cranberry juice since bacteria like sweets. Of course every persons health choices are their own and the emergency room might be chosen if wanted. Truthfully I do not like the idea of meds for bad kidneys it makes and extra burden for them but if an antibiotic is needed... a hot half bath covering the back over the kidneys might help with infection and perhaps comfort but I would only do that to tolerance and watch the blood pressure with machine easily obtainable at a local pharmacy.

I would not use food with additives, vitamins with minerals, most meds, meat, protein, eggs, dairy, baking soda, swiss chard, spinach, rhubarb or sour dock as these may contribute to stones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

Hi. I'm sorry you're going through all of that. I'm surprised your Urologist won't see you any sooner. When I have a problem, they get me in the same day or next day. If I were you and your pain gets severe, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the ER. I've passed many stones and had several Lithotripsy's. One time I passed a stone after drinking a whole bottle of cranberry juice. I've only had a couple of urinary tract infections. I hope things work out for you. Keep us posted if you can. Sue

Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi has anything been tried and are things improved?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I take a RX potassium citrate pill everyday and knock on wood, I haven't had a problem lately. You could ask the Dr. about that or a different med. that might help you. Best of luck to you. Sue

Closed Thread