It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
(female)

Blder1 HB User
Intermittent stone pain??

I'm a 43 yr old relatively healthy female. Diagnosed in Feb of this year with 3-4mm stone in right kidney after landing in ER with severe groin pain. Went home after pain was controlled and followed up w/ urologist. Stone did not show up on subsequent KUB xrays and pain subsided over the course of a few days. Compeletely pain free for a couple months. Have had a few spells of minor pain/discomfort in the past few weeks. Last night another round of severe pain, this time in right upper abdomen and back. Have not passed any stone during any of this and have drunk a ton of water. Got a second opinion from a different urologist when discomfort began again. He felt that original pain was caused by stone trying to exit kidney, but it fell back into kidney instead of passing to ureter. Thus, pain went away. I'm assuming the intermittent pain I feel is the stone moving around. Anyone have issues with a stone hanging around for so long? I just want it gone!!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: Intermittent stone pain??

I have had a stone hanging around in my right kidney for a year now. I feel pain from the stone everyday for a short period of time than it subsides. I think it's from the stone moving around. I think it tries occasionally to leave my kidney, but goes back in if thats possible. Going to get Lithotripsy next month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

isitjustme HB User

Why don't both of you try the Apple cider vinegar thing. Two teaspoons of it with an 8 ounce glass of water, three times a day. You can even take more if you like, ACV is good for lots of things.....Look it up on the web...

If you want to sweeten it, use honey or powdered stevia, not sugar or any other sweeteners.

Get back with me....

You might feel a little pain in the kidney area for 2 or 3 days but this is normal, it is just the acid in the ACV acting with the stone....

Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

Blder1 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I have tried ACV for other ailments with success. Have tried for the stone, but only a few times. I have not been consistant with using it. Since you have so much stone experience, can you tell me if you had intermittent pain with a stone just hanging out in kidney? My pain varies...sometimes in upper rt abdomen, sometimes in back, sometimes in groin. Have only had 2 bouts of severe pain where I had to take narcotics, with the first being the severe groin pain that landed me in ER. Other than that the pain is anywhere from 2-4 on pain scale, enough to notice but not enough to be incapacitated. Very frustrating! I just want the thing to pass and be done with it! I will give the ACV another try.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
(female)

isitjustme HB User

Hi Blder,

The ACV is the only thing that has worked for me....My doctor had prescribed a diuretic for me a while back but I had to stop taking it because it was taking so much potassium from my body that I was getting horrible leg pains and cramps, it is bad enough that I have RLS and other ailments from not enough potassium....I eat so many potassium rich foods and it still isn't enough to have to take supplements...Plus I was told that ACV has a natural potassium in it because of the apples that are in it.

I sometimes would have pain so bad, I would cry. I have never had a baby and people have told me that having a kidney stone is more painful than having a baby, I really don't tend to believe that as a baby is so much bigger..But yes I used to have the intermittent pain all the time and sometimes the pain would come at very inconvenient times.

I was told that a kidney stone at the bottom of the kidney is harder to get rid of than one closer to the top because the tube leading to the ureter is at the top of the kidney. So I would be told that if I jump up and down or stand on your head, for a while will jar the stone up to the top maybe.

I could never take narcotics, just dealt with the pain as addictions run in my family and I didn't want to get the addict part of it, so I told them just to prescribe me tylenol 3, nothing stronger, that used to make them mad because they make money on writing prescriptions of vicodin and other strong pain relievers.

I have to say that the groin pain is the worse, because your urethra is what connects your kidney to the uretur and the urethra is very tiny, so if you have a huge stone it is not going to come out......Unless you drink a lot of water.....One time I had a kidney stone so bad, that it hurt from an hour before I went to bed until I got up the next morning, I must have went to the bathroom 20 times that night from the pain. But then it passed and I was relieved. It felt so good to get it out of my body.

Another thing you might want to try is the Potassium Citrate, I have seen that on other boards that other people use it, go to your doctor and have them prescribe it, your urologist might not because if you are cured you would have no reason to go back to him/her and they won't be able to make their car payment.

I can't get a prescription as I have had no insurance in 4 years, so I deal with the pain that I do get from time to time and when I do get the pain, I down more ACV and it seems to work.

I hope you can get rid of the little buggars, I know and understand the pain that you are enduring...

Have a great Independance day weekend....

My Mother in Law is making her awesome potato salad, I can't wait.....Yummy

Old 06-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User

I am going to try the apple cider tomorrow. I hope it helps!

Closed Thread