It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

skatardrummer HB User
Exclamation Unexplained pain

I've had kidney stones for about 3 years. This Saturday, I was rushed to hospital in an Ambulance because I felt like I had an explosion in my right side. It started burning and went tingly numb. I couldn't walk and had to be carried out.

I thought it was my appendix, but scans only showed a 9mm stone and many other smaller ones. I almost insisted they test the appendix because it felt nothing like what I've had when I've had stone pain. My routine bloodwork came back all normal. My bloodpressure was good except before they gave me morphine, but my pulse was always 100. Normally I'm about 72 at rest.

It is non obstructing and still in the kidney. I am still having excruciating pain. My right leg gives out sometimes because if I move wrong it hurts so bad I collapse. My back and both sides itch and burn inside around the kidney areas, especially the right. I saw the Urologist yesterday and he says that the kidney stone wouldn't account for those symptoms. I had to walk with a cane on Sunday and Monday....I'm 24 years old.

I'm at work tonight since apparently there is nothing anyone can do but give me vicodin which makes me fall asleep, and work it requires being on my feet. I don't know what to do. I've never been carted away in an ambulance for pain, even when I had a stone removed because my kidney was twice the usual size from infection and blockage. I went two months like that.

Not sure that this is related, but to be thorough, last wednesday, I had some flu-like symptoms. Coughing, hard to catch my breath, weakness. My appetite has been down I presume from pain. I'm trying to make myself eat anyway because I know my body needs it, but I'm not enjoying it.

What should I do and who should I be talking to?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

usedtosmoke HB User
Re: Unexplained pain

I am very sorry to hear about your pain. I had my appendix taken out when i was 18, and the funny thing about it was it did not hurt where it was supposed to hurt on me. i usually have radiated pain from elsewhere which confuses the hell out my doctors, i had a gal bladder filled with stones in 1991, and the pain was not anywhere near that area but on the other side, so i always almost have refered pain from elsewhere. but i hope you feel better soon becauze 24 is too young to go through this crap, i am 55 but when i was 24 i felt on top of the world and did so until i was about 45 then it went downhill after that. also, i am a redhead and they say redheads dont feel pain the way usual people do, that some research was done about redheads and pain. feel better soon!! hugs

The Following User Says Thank You to usedtosmoke For This Useful Post:
skatardrummer (09-26-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
(female)

skatardrummer HB User

The docs still don't know what's wrong and no one anywhere on the web has suggested answers. I can't live on eating vicodin like candy. I need help D:

Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
(female)

usedtosmoke HB User

i know how you feel, i too eat norco ( up some from vicodin) which seems to make the uretra hard to get me to start peeing, i saw an epsiode of ''house'' where greg house had to cath himself b/c of eating too many vicodins which gave him a spasm and he couldnt pee....this can happen form taking vicodin also.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
(female)

skatardrummer HB User

It mostly just makes me groggy and randomly fall asleep. I don't like it much but it kills the pain. I go as long as I can stand without taking it

Closed Thread