It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 1
KDC64 HB User
Question Should I feel this bad?

I have just got my latest blood results and my Creatinine is 315 and my GFR is 14. I have raised phosphate levels, so now have to follow a low phosphate diet.
I wanted to know if anyone else has similar problems to me.
I feel constanltly tired and have been getting sickness feelings just lately.
Every morning I feel like I have been on a bender the night before. I wish!
Also my skin itches like crazy all over.
My neph said he did not want me to have dialysis if at all possible and that he was putting me down for a kidney transplant. I was fine with that but now I am wondering if dilaysis would give me my life back.
How soon can you start of dialysis? I am back seeing neph in 2 weeks.

 
Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,749
Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

A good deal of why you are feeling bad could be the phosphorus. The itching especially. Also, has your cr. recently taken a jump. I always found I felt worse when it did and then things leveled out. Some folks start dialysis earlier than others and it does depend on how you feel. What is the wait time for your blood type in your area? If it is not too long, you may be able to hang in there. I didn't go on dialysis until I hit about 900 (I'm in Canada) but as I said, everyone feels different at different levels.

Hope you feel better soon.
__________________
Cora
Dxd T1 1966, 2001 dialysis, 2002 kidney transplant, 2003 insulin pump, 2008 pancreas transplant

 
The Following User Says Thank You to Cora1003 For This Useful Post:
KDC64 (09-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MLA
Posts: 11
spadia HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDC64 View Post
I have just got my latest blood results and my Creatinine is 315 and my GFR is 14. I have raised phosphate levels, so now have to follow a low phosphate diet.
I wanted to know if anyone else has similar problems to me.
I feel constanltly tired and have been getting sickness feelings just lately.
Every morning I feel like I have been on a bender the night before. I wish!
Also my skin itches like crazy all over.
My neph said he did not want me to have dialysis if at all possible and that he was putting me down for a kidney transplant. I was fine with that but now I am wondering if dilaysis would give me my life back.
How soon can you start of dialysis? I am back seeing neph in 2 weeks.
Hi,

Relax man...

There is no need to panic..normal GFR level should be more than 15.
no need for dialsys at this stage...Just follow the low phosphate diet

Avoid colas, beer, sardines, eggs, certain cheeses, dairy products, liver, nuts, peanut butter, red meat, seafoods just to name a few

Just eat more fruits and veggies
Occasionaly, you can have some some cookies, feta cheese, grated paremesan cheese, pasta, noodles, popcorn, cereals even peanuts but limit then to just one to 1/4 servings just to be sure.

You will be good in no time...no need to do kidney transplant
Try to get a full body check up for creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, sodium, potassium, sodium, include phosporous too to see if it is going down after eating more fruits an veggies.

Good luck and hope you recover soon.

 
Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,749
Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

Beware of eating more fruits and veggies. They are packed with potassium and if you have a potassium imbalance you could have a heart attack. Follow the dietary restrictions given to you by your dietitian. These will be based on your blood work and important for you to follow.

Spadia, a gfr of 14 is close to the dialysis point. Normal is above 60.
__________________
Cora
Dxd T1 1966, 2001 dialysis, 2002 kidney transplant, 2003 insulin pump, 2008 pancreas transplant

 
Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #5
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MLA
Posts: 11
spadia HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

[
Sincerest apologies..i got confused youre quite right.

Better go see a doctor soon.

Good luck!

 
Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: columbus,ohio -usa
Posts: 1
tinman8407 HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDC64 View Post
I have just got my latest blood results and my Creatinine is 315 and my GFR is 14. I have raised phosphate levels, so now have to follow a low phosphate diet.
I wanted to know if anyone else has similar problems to me.
I feel constanltly tired and have been getting sickness feelings just lately.
Every morning I feel like I have been on a bender the night before. I wish!
Also my skin itches like crazy all over.
My neph said he did not want me to have dialysis if at all possible and that he was putting me down for a kidney transplant. I was fine with that but now I am wondering if dilaysis would give me my life back.
How soon can you start of dialysis? I am back seeing neph in 2 weeks.
the iching is from your phosphorus level being to high.the sick feeling is most likley from your parathroid level being to high. as far as transplant; be cautioned,even transplants from relatives can be rejected.

 
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MLA
Posts: 11
spadia HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman8407 View Post
the iching is from your phosphorus level being to high.the sick feeling is most likley from your parathroid level being to high. as far as transplant; be cautioned,even transplants from relatives can be rejected.
Not much phosporus will be eliminated when on dialysis.

Anyway, As much as possible, don't rely too much on dialysis..
there are still ways to go around this.

Some doctors will probably suggest going on a dialysis if your GFR drops to less than 15.
While some suggest dialysis once GFR is around 12.

Transplant is not the best method ...there are better options such as Stem cell which will regenerate your kidneys ..
or if youre willing to travel to China...you can try the Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy..try to check the Internet..it sounds promising..but I am not sure how effective they are..

Good luck and hope you recover soon.

 
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MLA
Posts: 11
spadia HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadia View Post
Not much phosporus will be eliminated when on dialysis.

Anyway, As much as possible, don't rely too much on dialysis..
there are still ways to go around this.

Some doctors will probably suggest going on a dialysis if your GFR drops to less than 15.
While some suggest dialysis once GFR is around 12.

Transplant is not the best method ...there are better options such as Stem cell which will regenerate your kidneys ..
or if youre willing to travel to China...you can try the Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy..try to check the Internet..it sounds promising..but I am not sure how effective they are..

Good luck and hope you recover soon.

Just an update, forget about the Micro Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy...they dont seem to be trustworthy.. stick with your current doctor.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
WHAT should your doctor tell you and WHEN should he tell you? Mangolynn Kidney Disorders 6 09-20-2011 05:38 AM
Low GFR - Should I be concerned? Lynne45 Kidney Disorders 14 08-04-2010 12:20 AM
How Worried Should We Be-Help Please! Nuggan Kidney Disorders 5 03-30-2010 11:53 AM
hey think this should be in here? horgz Kidney Disorders 2 04-29-2009 01:31 AM
how long should it take for a kidney stone to pass? Horovots Kidney Disorders 1 07-15-2008 01:33 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Cora1003 (83), ladybud (22), writeleft (11), Deanne1962 (8), sweetfemale (6), montesflus (4), feelbad (3), lady1954 (3), grayfox (3), leea1206 (3)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (905), Titchou (848), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!