It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
(female)

KDC64 HB User
Question Should I feel this bad?

I have just got my latest blood results and my Creatinine is 315 and my GFR is 14. I have raised phosphate levels, so now have to follow a low phosphate diet.
I wanted to know if anyone else has similar problems to me.
I feel constanltly tired and have been getting sickness feelings just lately.
Every morning I feel like I have been on a bender the night before. I wish!
Also my skin itches like crazy all over.
My neph said he did not want me to have dialysis if at all possible and that he was putting me down for a kidney transplant. I was fine with that but now I am wondering if dilaysis would give me my life back.
How soon can you start of dialysis? I am back seeing neph in 2 weeks.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User
Re: Should I feel this bad?

A good deal of why you are feeling bad could be the phosphorus. The itching especially. Also, has your cr. recently taken a jump. I always found I felt worse when it did and then things leveled out. Some folks start dialysis earlier than others and it does depend on how you feel. What is the wait time for your blood type in your area? If it is not too long, you may be able to hang in there. I didn't go on dialysis until I hit about 900 (I'm in Canada) but as I said, everyone feels different at different levels.

Hope you feel better soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cora1003 For This Useful Post:
KDC64 (09-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
(male)

spadia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDC64 View Post
I have just got my latest blood results and my Creatinine is 315 and my GFR is 14. I have raised phosphate levels, so now have to follow a low phosphate diet.
My neph said he did not want me to have dialysis if at all possible and that he was putting me down for a kidney transplant. I was fine with that but now I am wondering if dilaysis would give me my life back.
Hi,

Relax man...

There is no need to panic..normal GFR level should be more than 15.
no need for dialsys at this stage...Just follow the low phosphate diet

Avoid colas, beer, sardines, eggs, certain cheeses, dairy products, liver, nuts, peanut butter, red meat, seafoods just to name a few

Just eat more fruits and veggies
Occasionaly, you can have some some cookies, feta cheese, grated paremesan cheese, pasta, noodles, popcorn, cereals even peanuts but limit then to just one to 1/4 servings just to be sure.

You will be good in no time...no need to do kidney transplant
Try to get a full body check up for creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, sodium, potassium, sodium, include phosporous too to see if it is going down after eating more fruits an veggies.

Good luck and hope you recover soon.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB UserCora1003 HB User

Beware of eating more fruits and veggies. They are packed with potassium and if you have a potassium imbalance you could have a heart attack. Follow the dietary restrictions given to you by your dietitian. These will be based on your blood work and important for you to follow.

Spadia, a gfr of 14 is close to the dialysis point. Normal is above 60.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #5
(male)

spadia HB User

[
Sincerest apologies..i got confused youre quite right.

Better go see a doctor soon.

Good luck!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
(male)

tinman8407 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDC64 View Post
the iching is from your phosphorus level being to high.the sick feeling is most likley from your parathroid level being to high. as far as transplant; be cautioned,even transplants from relatives can be rejected.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
(male)

spadia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman8407 View Post
the iching is from your phosphorus level being to high.the sick feeling is most likley from your parathroid level being to high. as far as transplant; be cautioned,even transplants from relatives can be rejected.
Not much phosporus will be eliminated when on dialysis.

Anyway, As much as possible, don't rely too much on dialysis..
there are still ways to go around this.

Some doctors will probably suggest going on a dialysis if your GFR drops to less than 15.
While some suggest dialysis once GFR is around 12.

Transplant is not the best method ...there are better options such as Stem cell which will regenerate your kidneys ..
or if youre willing to travel to China...you can try the Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy..try to check the Internet..it sounds promising..but I am not sure how effective they are..

Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
(male)

spadia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadia View Post
Not much phosporus will be eliminated when on dialysis.

Anyway, As much as possible, don't rely too much on dialysis..
there are still ways to go around this.

Some doctors will probably suggest going on a dialysis if your GFR drops to less than 15.
While some suggest dialysis once GFR is around 12.

Transplant is not the best method ...there are better options such as Stem cell which will regenerate your kidneys ..
or if youre willing to travel to China...you can try the Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy..try to check the Internet..it sounds promising..but I am not sure how effective they are..

Just an update, forget about the Micro Chinese Medicine Osmotheraphy...they dont seem to be trustworthy.. stick with your current doctor.

Closed Thread