It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

lnortham HB User
Question Kidney Flank Pain Spasms no insurance

Hi
I have been having mid back pain especially when my bladder is full, I also have spasms throughout the day in that area, burning when I urinate and have had odor from time to time which was a "musty old smell". I have had this for the last couple of months and am growing more concerned. I have also had swelling throughout my body and shortness of breath on occasion.

I've been to the hospital ER and health dept on 2 different occasions. I don't have insurance or a job because the company I worked for shut down a few months ago also. The only significant recent health issues I have had were a hysterectomy because of some female problems, that was almost a year ago.
A month ago they found a "flaming" UTI in the ER and I was treated with antibiotics and more recently I went to health dept and no UTI but they gave me 3 days of antibiotics "just in case". I told her my concerns and she did some routine bloodwork and found no abnormalities except for an elevated ALT of 44 and my AST was 39.

If there's anyone out there who can tell me what might be going on, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by lnortham; 09-30-2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: adding urology

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Right Flank pain, NOT kidney.... missamelissa Kidney Disorders 5 11-08-2011 11:23 PM
Left kidney pain, no kidney stone: ER won't help NowAtWitsEnd Kidney Disorders 4 11-17-2010 08:13 AM
Kidney stones and ESWL Lithotripsy - My experience supereen Kidney Disorders 1 07-19-2008 07:32 PM
does this sound like kidney stones? asherah Kidney Disorders 0 06-25-2008 09:59 PM
Bilateral Flank Pain/Kidney Infection or Stones? StenoLady1 Kidney Disorders 13 10-31-2005 03:02 AM

Tags
kidney function, kidney infection, kidney pain, kidney stones