It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
(female)

lauri446 HB User
Do your kidney stones symptoms last weeks??

I was diagnosed with kidney stones in March in the ER.
Passed 1 there...not sure how big it was.
CT showed 3 more. 2 1mm and 1 3mm.
I passed the 1mm on my right side over the summer. Not too bad, ibuprofen helped as narcotics make me sick

My question is that I have been having symptoms of back pain (lower more so than flank) on my left side, lower abdominal/pelvic pain and just the past 2 days morning nausea. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I am just really uncomfortable and feel better with ibuprofen, a heating pad & rest.
I had this morning nausea thing happen over the summer and an upper GI showed no ulcer, only my remaining stones and lower back scoliosis.

Do you feel symptomatic for weeks at a time? It seems like everything I read addresses the excruciating symptoms as you are passing the stone.

I hate to keep running to the dr. but am always worried that what I am assuming is kidney stone related could be something else. At what point do you make an appt to be checked out?

Thanks....

Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

stephakneexx HB User
Re: Do your kidney stones symptoms last weeks??

I would go to the emergency room again.. the pain shouldn't last that long.. something might be wrong

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
(female)

Amaranth1970 HB User

I have pain for weeks at a time but it is not normal. You definitely need to see the doctor again. I go to the ER on a regular basis which is inconvenient but my only choice. I have been told my kidney is "full of stones" and some are likely infected so I have also been on antibiotics since last May. Don't wait, get it checked out because there can be something wrong.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
(male)

jessem166 HB User

Okay, a month and a half ago I was diagnosed with Kidney stones. My pain got better then a few weeks later the pain came back. I was into the ER today had a CT scan, blood work, Urine sample. Blood work was good, Urine was good, no infection or anything. CT scan showed non-obstructive Kidney stones. About 6 of them 2mm-3mm I have had pain in my upper right abdomen and flank pain. Right underneath my last rib. It extends down my lower back as well as abodmen and extends across my lower abdomen. I also get Nausea and Bloating. The ER doc says that stones that don't pass within 14 days require a referal to Urologist.

I say go to the doc, get a CT scan. It will ease your mind as to what is causing your pain. Also Strain your urine!! That way if you don't know what is causing your stones, you can pass a stone and bring it in for testing to see what is causing them.. Best bet. Go to the Doc. It is better then suffering, pain should not last as long as it has for you. I wish you the best of luck as I know how it is.

Closed Thread