It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
(male)

jessem166 HB User
Angry Non-Obstructive Kidney Stone Pain

I'm a 23 year old male with some terrible problems lately. So, for the past month and a half I have had flank pain in my right side. Right underneath my last rib, it extends around to my back, down my back and into my lower abdomen. I also get Nausea and horrible bloating.

I have had chest x-rays, a Gall Bladder ultrasound which showed my Gall bladder to be within normal function however, confirmed a Kidney stone in my right Kidney. Then I had a CT scan which confirmed a few stones in my right Kidney. Afterwards, the pain got much better. Now come a couple weeks later the pain is back worse then ever. I am missing work, pain all day everyday. It kind of waxes and wains, gets better, then gets immensly painful. I was into the ER on Tuesday, the doc felt no need to do anymore tests. Told me the usual, strain my urine. He also gave me vicodin.

Well, today once again. I was back in the ER with immense pain. This doc decided it was best to run blood work, urine test and a CT scan. Blood work was good, Urine was good. No blood present in urine nor infection.

However, the CT scan showed that my stones have had very little movement since my last scan, all else checked out good. The stones are located in my upper right kidney. The Doc said it is not unheard of to have pain from kidney stones when they are non obstructive. But he could not confirm this to be the cause of my pain. I'm suppose to see my primary Doctor on Monday and ask for a referal to a Urologist.
The Doctor today also said my Kidney seemed a bit backed up and the CT scan showed some irritation, or Inflamation or something along them lines, not sure what he was talking about there. He also said that he tells his patients that stones that do not pass within 14-days require a referal to a nurologist... Also that of course having stones for this long can't be good for the Kidney. However, he said again.. He can't conclude this is the cause of my problems but thinks it most likely is.

So I guess I'm just looking for some advice, experiences. This is my third time having Kidney stones. Usually they pass in due time but. Why am I getting pain when my stones aren't moving and has anybody ever had pain with Non-Obstructive stones? I feel like doctors think I am losing my mind and I'm making stuff up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, flank pain, kidney stones, non obstructive, side pain