It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
(male)

BigSpur HB User
Pain on lower left side. Kidney stone or infection?

For the past 3 weeks I've been having pains on my left side waist line more toward the back but not the back it self. Its been the same spot for the past 3 weeks. Went to the doc and he said he found traces of blood in my urine, so I had a ultrasound done yesterday. I'm 28 years old. I just started working out again at the gym about 3 weeks ago also..which is when the pain started so I thought it could be a muscle since the pains been in the same spot. And the pains not all the time. It hurts more when I'm driving or sitting down than any other time for some reason. IDK if its the position I'm in or what. Does this sound like a Kidney stone or infection to anybody?

Doc has also found traces of blood in my stool which I had a colonoscopy done for that. Test didnt find anything and my doc hasent followed up with me on that. so not sure what was cuasing that.

Let me know if more info is needed.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
(female)

txarmywife HB Usertxarmywife HB User
Re: Pain on lower left side | Kideny stone or infection?

It's possible it could be a stone or kidney infection they both could cause blood in the urine and pain of the flank. How severe is your pain? My experience is kidney infestions can cause pretty moderate to severe pain in the back where the kidney lies. Stone pain (in my experience) was severe pain that started in my back/side and wrapped itself around all the way to my belly button. The pain was so bad that particular time that i was admitted for 12 days because i had a complete blockage of the ureter and had hydronephrosis which ultimately made me get a nephrostomy to relieve the pressure in the kidney to prevent damage. that was not fun. If its just dull achy pain I would think more on the lines of an infection. And if they rule out that you do not have kidney stones, then definetly get checkout my a back doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
(male)

BigSpur HB User
Re: Pain on lower left side | Kideny stone or infection?

So my ultrasound results came back an they said "we think we see kidney stones but arent a 100% sure. Now they wanna do a CT scan that looks speicaly for stones. How do they say we "think its kidney stones"...are ultrasounds that unclear

Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
(male)

BigSpur HB User
Re: Pain on lower left side. Kidney stone or infection?

Should a big stone show up on a ultrasound? I'm still trying to figure out why they say they "think" I have stones. Are they just small that they couldnt tell on the ultrasound?

Last edited by BigSpur; 02-03-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
(female)

missleone HB User

BigSpur,

Have you found anything out? I have been having the same problems and everything is coming back negative. They did find blood in my urine and gave me antibiotics but nothing is helping. I am getting a ct scan so hopefully that will help. Very frustrated!

Old 03-28-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
(male)

Xav404 HB User

missleone/BigSpur,

Have you two found out anything after the CT Scan? I'm going through the same thing at the moment.

Thank you.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
(male)

safezonerak HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain on lower left side. Kidney stone or infection?

I too have the same problem for last one month; doctors first started with gastric; then may be stone; don't know what will be the next step.

Now i had been given medicine for 10 days and then only they will proceed for next diagnosis. I think i have to bare the pain - it is a sharp electric shock.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #8
(male)

ikster HB User

hi

sounds like it couild also be infection called Diverticulitis.... i had a colonoscopy some 2 months ago and still feeling the pain on lower left (sigmoidcolon ) area...

Reply Reply