It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

makennagrace HB User
are these kidney stone symptoms or ???

I was having horrible pelvic and flank pain last month and ended up going for a pelvic u/s as well as blood and urine testing. The u/s was clear(they were looking for ovarian cysts at the time) and blood was good, but urine test showed an infection. Dr gave me antibiotics and pelvic pain has gone but now im left with left sided flank and lower back (left side only) At times it feels like a burning feeling, and other times an ache. I still have a bit of pelvic pain sometimes too but not like during the infection. My side is very tender to the touch. Are these kidney stone symptoms?? I hope its nothing worse. I'm scheduled for a ct scan in a couple of weeks(for poss diverticulitis)but now i'm wondering if its a stone?? Any info is appreciated!!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User
Re: are these kidney stone symptoms or ???

Yes it could be. I am going through something similar, although I had no side or back pain, just pelvic pain. Dr, told me you can have side, back or lower abdomen pain from kidney stones. They thought I had a bad UTI, antibiotics for 10 days now since still having some issues they too are sending me for CT Scan to see what is going on. They say this test will definately give you an idea what you are suffering from. Good luck to you. I feel your pain.

Last edited by babygirl127; 02-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

makennagrace HB User

Glad im not alone, although sucks for both of us Yesterday I had a lot of lower flank pain on left side...went to bed with heating pad on (every night!) and have been drinking pure cranberry juice a ton since yesterday just hoping it makes a difference. Today is not as bad as yesterday. Most of the discomfort is a bit lower down today, above hip on my side and pelvis. If it is a stone, maybe it's working its way down....fingers crossed!! Hope you are doing better too!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
(male)

BigSpur HB User

My symptoms were similar. Mostly left flank pain. CT scan showed I had about a 7mm stone along with about 6 others.

So having a lithotripsy in the morning to blast the stone. Hopefully all goes well with you

Closed Thread