It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

irgenius HB User
Question Do I have a problem with my kidneys?

I have had swelling all over my body for 10 years. It is not all the time, just every once in a while. The back of my head will swell up for no reason then my legs and hands then my tounge swells up. Then I have the worst headache for about 4 to 7 days, even my hair hurts. Then my headache seems to go away and I have a problem going to the bathroom. I feel like I have to go real bad then no much comes out. Then about a week later I am fine the swelling goes down and I am back to somewhat of a normal life. I am always sleepy.

Now I have had the same problems going on for a month. I went to the obgyn and she said I had blood in my urine and sent me to a urologist. They did a ct and said I did not have a kidney stone, now he wants to do another ct with dye. He took some blood to see my creatine levels. My skin is aways dry no matter how much lotion I put on. I do not drink sodas, all I drink is water. The last time this happened I was told I drank to many sodas. I was hoping that I would not get this again, but I did. I am thirsty no stop. I drink about 8 to 10 20oz bottles a day. I can drink one right after the other. I have had my thyriod check and that is working fine.

I am just ready for answers.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Do I have a problem with my kidneys?

Hi there,

Do you know what your creatinine level was? Kidney function is determined by several factors. Your blood work should make your kidney function obvious.

Most kidney disease does not typically present symptoms until way late in the disease, and it is a very slow moving disease.

I wish you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
(female)

tuck HB User
Re: Do I have a problem with my kidneys?

yeah, he is right...go for creatinine test. If your creatinine level is more than the needed then i'm sorry to say but you have problem in your kidney....Gud luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Hi there,

Do you know what your creatinine level was? Kidney function is determined by several factors. Your blood work should make your kidney function obvious.

Most kidney disease does not typically present symptoms until way late in the disease, and it is a very slow moving disease.

I wish you the best.

Reply Reply

Tags
blood in urine, kidney, swelling, tired