It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
(male)

BluUK HB User
20 and eGFR is low, autoimmune disease?

Hi,

I'm going to start off by describing when my life started going **** up. During September 2011, I had sex with a woman and thought nothing of it. Within 2 days I got a blister in my groin but at that point I thought it was just a spot so I popped it. Whilst having a shower I started to think whether it was a spot or not so I made my way down to the clinic, even though 2 weeks hadn't passed for the infection to show up on any tests. As presumed, I was clean however, I did have internal symptoms, 2 of my lymph nodes in my left groin had swollen and one in the right (By swollen I mean the size of a pea, not HIV sized, and still moveable but they had become hard). In addition, I had constant muscle spams within my legs and had acquired an extremely bad chest, producing lots of thick green mucus and relentless coughing.

I then took another full STD test 2 weeks later and was clean again, so I became worried that the lymph nodes were a sign of either Herpes or HIV. I then get another blister in my groin so headed straight to the clinic, it turns out it was Staph which they prescribed flucloxacillin. After the course, my chest infection and cough went away however my lymph nodes were still larger than normal and the spasms hadn't showed any signs of stoping.

I used to regularly attend the gym, however with the symtoms I still had made it very uncomfortable and after training the upper part of my legs, more so from the inner parts, would become very sore liked I pulled a muscle or something. Aggravated by the constant spasms, the larger than normal lymph node and the pain my legs would produce if I did anything more but walk, I went to see my doctor. They did a blood test (5/12/11), and when the results came in they told me I was fine.

I continued living life normally, and as time passed the spasms in my legs calmed down, however they turned more into aches and they tend to happen all over my body but nothing on the level they used to, at the time of writing this I have already experience a small twitch in my right bicep. 3 months had passed so decided to get tested for Herpes and HIV to certify I was STD free, which I was.

It's now February, so I decided to attend the gym, without training legs. The next day, I developed a very itchy lump under my left arm pit which I thought was just a blocked sweat gland. A few days later, the lump had already started to go down but whilst itching I feel something. I go to the mirror and find there was a blister under my arm, so yet again I go to the doctors. They took a swab and when results came back, they diagnosed it with Staph yet didn't give me any antibiotics as they thought I didn't need it. As doctors know best, I just carried on with life, until my second lump under the skin.

At this point, I had the lymph node still bigger than normal, the small twitches now occurring all over my body, including my face, the pain from legs when I do any exercise, lumps appearing under my arm from time to time and now developed patches of dead skin in circles on my hands (the best example I can describe them as is when you go into a shower or somewhere with water and after so long you get a patch of skin that is easy to tear off, well it's like that but the circles are smaller.). With these symptoms I decide to pay my doctors another visit. In which they took another blood test.

Results were received today, and everything is normal bar my eGFR which was 61. Now for my age that pretty low and what they failed to mention in my previous results was that my eGFR was 68. So now I'm totally freaked out, my life has just gone to sh*t. It was noted that both the blood tests were done in the morning on an empty stomach and ever since I had stopped going to the gym I had also stopped the lifestyle, so my fluid intake dropped dramatically as well. I now have an appointment for another blood test in a weeks time with the request of keeping hydrated and going bk to the gym but starting off with lighter weights, to ensure I dont't strain myself as I haven't properly trained ever since Nov 2011. If my eGFR is still low then I'll be having an ultrascan to check my kidneys.

What's puzzling for me is that, all this started off from a stupid staph infection that I'm 99% sure was from the woman I slept with. I have been told staph does not develop into the symptoms I have so I'm totally confused. In my next blood test they'll also be checking for autoimmune disease. So my question is, is it possible for autoimmune disease to cause symtoms that I have described throughout this post?

I would also like to note that prior Sept 2011 I was a completely healthy person, eating a healthy diet. Early on during Sept 2011 I started to excrete a green bile in not so healthy feces, this lasted 3 days and blamed it on my excessive snacking on cashew nuts, known to cause this because of a fat they contain. On my mums side IBS has known to run in the family however I have not shown any symtoms prior Sept 2011.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply